Rectifier circuit not working.

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
@Danko, please have a look on this, this is the circuit i am trying to run, can you help me understand it better?
i am concerned wuth the design given as figure 5 in this document.
1. Unfortunately I can not explain better, than they did it in article.
2. Circuit works. To obtain more adequate result, use for simulation exact models of monolithic diodes and transistors mentioned in article.
3. May be it will interesting to you: https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...-mosfets-in-a-voltage-doubler-circuit.176996/
1626499559750.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
2. Circuit works. To obtain more adequate result, use for simulation exact models of monolithic diodes and transistors mentioned in article.
Simple transistor bridge works better.
Probably their circuit (MDDE) is one more cheating, as usual in most of similar articles.
1626646987816.png

Last edited:

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Does'nt there have to be some resistor between the Drain and Gate to take care of the -Ve part of the AC cycle? I'm not too sure about leaving the Gate floating....

haleema05

Joined Jul 8, 2021
hi everyone this is a rectifier circuit. I need to do some modifications in it to further modify the output. i tried to use BJT as diode in place of diodes but result were same i guess botth dissipate equal amount of power. So Please help me to modify it, mainly by replacing components. For clearance, here the main rectification is done by MOsfets N1,N3 & P2,P4 whereas diodes are just providing a current controlling path and other Mosfets N2,N4 and P1,P3 are along with diodes helping in reducing voltage drop accross main Mosfets (N1,N3 & P2,P4). Right now its giving output voltage of 4.4V while the input was 5V.

Mod: Threads Merged.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

haleema05

Joined Jul 8, 2021
in case of diode bridge output is 3.8V and in this circuit output is 4.4V, and this is my main concern to increase the output. Any modification that can help to further improve this 4.4V output.

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
in case of diode bridge output is 3.8V and in this circuit output is 4.4V, and this is my main concern to increase the output. Any modification that can help to further improve this 4.4V output.
FETs are doing nothing.
In your circuit only body diodes are working in bridge rectifier.
See how simple diodes work:
1628772553172.png

Attachments

Last edited: