Rechargeable battery question

Killerbee65

Joined May 15, 2017
Hello all!

I had a question about certain electronics and how they work. So I am working on a project and part of the project is to be able to recharge the batteries (18650) while also having it output to the circuit. For example: RC car, recharable bluetooth speak, ps4 controller just to name a few off the top of my head. The question I want to ask is, how is it possible to have a battery be recharable and output to a circuit? I know it is a very broad question but is there a simple circuit that can be made to better understand how these products can recharge and output?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
how is it possible to have a battery be recharable and output to a circuit?
It's not, because they don't occur at the same time.
When the battery is recharging (energy into the battery), then it's not supplying power to the circuit.
That power is supplied by the charger that's also charging the battery.

Killerbee65

Joined May 15, 2017
It's not, because they don't occur at the same time.
When the battery is recharging (energy into the battery), then it's not supplying power to the circuit.
That power is supplied by the charger that's also charging the battery.
Thank you for the answer! I got a good source

Killerbee65

Joined May 15, 2017
I understand both instances cannot be simultaneously active (input and output) without using some sort of overly complicated method, but I wanted to know how to use a recharable battery (specifically 18650) as a recharable power supply via micro usb?