Rechargeable Battery capacity

ashokchandra

Joined May 13, 2018
Hi all,

if the device consumption is 3V@200mA how much Rechargeable coin cell battery capacity do i need to run for 20 minutes.
Please Suggest me a battery voltage and Rechargeable coin cell battery capacity should i use .

Thanks,
Ashok

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
These ones have a capacity of 30mAHrs ....

You need 200mA ... to run for 1 hr you would need 200/30 = 7 cells ... to run for 20 mins 2 or 3 cells are needed ..

Search eBay many different products there .

ashokchandra

Joined May 13, 2018

You need 200mA ... to run for 1 hr you would need 200/30 = 7 cells ... to run for 20 mins 2 or 3 cells are needed ..

Hi ,
Thanks for answer.can u tell me the coin cell voltage.is it ok to use 3.3 voltage with 60mAh coin cell instead of two cells.
Thanks,
Ashok

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hi ,
Thanks for answer.can u tell me the coin cell voltage.is it ok to use 3.3 voltage with 60mAh coin cell instead of two cells.
Thanks,
Ashok
You should find the datasheet for the cell and look at the discharge curve. Also be aware that cells vary dramatically from manufacturer to manufacturer and there are many counterfeits and rejects for sale.

ashokchandra

Joined May 13, 2018
You should find the datasheet for the cell and look at the discharge curve. Also be aware that cells vary dramatically from manufacturer to manufacturer and there are many counterfeits and rejects for sale.
Hi ,
Can u suggest me a any cell part number or manufacturer.

Thanks,
Ashok

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Here is an example: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...=sGAEpiMZZMtEV04R3uo8FkXjBlacmoUJk397QuIAunY=

This one is 100mAH, but, the trouble with your application is that these cells are designed for, and usually used for things like memory retention which is measured in days, not minutes, so the datasheet curves are in days. They lack the precision needed to check your specs.

So, your best bet is to get something that has a mathematically compatible capacity and test it.

Of the coin cell format is not a real constraint, I might consider something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-100mA...Quadcopter-6X3U-LI-PO-Lipo-1-PCS/123560892630 (though not necessarily THIS one) which is cheap and will have plenty of reserve. A DWO1 charge controller, a couple of little MOSFETS, and a couple of passives is all you need to manage it. Many will already have the protection circuitry in place.

pmd34

Joined Feb 22, 2014
You should also consider your battery chemistry. Lithium batteries need careful charging and protection so as Yaakov says you really should use an IC for this. If you want to keep things simple, something like a NiMH battery is much more forgiving, and can be charged more easily. But it depends a little, on your application, the performance you want, and the lifetime.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Hi all,

if the device consumption is 3V@200mA how much Rechargeable coin cell battery capacity do i need to run for 20 minutes.
Please Suggest me a battery voltage and Rechargeable coin cell battery capacity should i use .

Thanks,
Ashok
Any battery is designed to deliver current this is split into;
1:nominal current /hour example a 100mA/H cell can nominal deliver 10mA a higher load for a long time could damage the cell.
2:Max current for N seconds. longer than N could damage your cell.

This important information about (N) is in cell's data sheet.

A load of 200mA on a 60mA/ Hour cell will for sure cripple the cell unless the spec sheet indicates otherwise.

Please select carefully as a wild spread of quality is around as stated before.

Picbuster