Ready To laugh: A simple timer question... possibly xD

vinn3h

Joined Jun 28, 2018
So in school I once made this thing that you stick in a plant pot and it beeps if its got enough water in it.... since then I have acquired ZERO additional electronics knowledge. I would however like to change that.

There was a recent post regarding a timer, but two replies in it started to turn into a foreign language. So I have made this post in the hope to be treated like a full blown n00b :D.

I play something and need a two min timer as im really quite useless at keeping an accurate two min in my head mainly because 1 min deep into any period of doing nothing im usually thinking about cake...

What i need to happen:
Press a button (get a beep)
run two min timer
get a continuous tone
press a button to stop that/cancel the two min timer.

That's it pretty much I dunno how doable that would be. It sort of needs to be cheap as possible though and small ass possible. It would be a massive help if somebody could point me in the direction of the sort of information I should be reading to learn about what I need to be doing to get where I want to get xD

Thanks

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
What is your skill set for following a schematic and assembling a circuit? First pass:
2 - ICs
1 - small transistor
6 assorted resistors and capacitors

ak

vinn3h

Joined Jun 28, 2018
What is your skill set for following a schematic and assembling a circuit? First pass:
2 - ICs
1 - small transistor
6 assorted resistors and capacitors

ak
Knowing whats going in there is what worries me. I'm quite a hands on person so think I could manage the actuall assembly. Been lookin on youtube there are loads of resources for circuit assembly. Just have no idea what im assembling :p