raw voltage

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

I've been in the business for over 40 years and that's the first time I've heard that term. I wonder what the context is?

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Google lists 3200 hits for an ablum by someone called "[SIZE=-1]Goudron," and also a few for the title of a role-playing game.

There are well over 20,000 aditional hits. Browsing through a few pages seems to suggest that "raw" equates roughly with "not yet modified." Many documents seem to use the term in a similar fashon as "raw data."

By contrast, "half baked voltage" yielded only one hit and "well-done voltage" yielded three. "Fried voltage" gave over two hundred results, but only 13 of them lacked some form of the word "regulator."
[/SIZE]

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I too have never come across the term "raw voltage", but would assume it is to be understood in the context of data acquisition, i.e. "raw voltage" is voltage data values that are acquired and unaltered prior to processing.

Its a stab in the dark, but I can only think of this being the content in which this term is used.

Dave

Søren

Joined Sep 2, 2006
Hi,

Google lists 3200 hits for [...] By contrast, "half baked voltage" yielded only one hit and "well-done voltage" yielded three. "Fried voltage" gave over two hundred results, but only 13 of them lacked some form of the word "regulator."
[/SIZE]
You must be bored ;)

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Raw voltage, to me, has always been what comes out the outlets ... specifically prior to a Uninterruptable Power Supply.

I don't think I've ever called it raw unless there was a UPS in the system.

ranculche

Joined Oct 11, 2006
I too have never come across the term "raw voltage", but would assume it is to be understood in the context of data acquisition, i.e. "raw voltage" is voltage data values that are acquired and unaltered prior to processing.

Its a stab in the dark, but I can only think of this being the content in which this term is used.

Dave

ok, thank you very much. i think your answer, dave, is the most suitable for this contex.....thank you very much.