quoting posts

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Could we get an option, or even just set it for all, to disable the multi-quote functionality? It is quite annoying when you need to click three times to quote someone, instead of just once.

Over at ETO which runs basically the same engine it works like this: You click the quote button, and the quoted post gets inserted at the cursor in the reply box below. You click another quote, another gets inserted right at the cursor.

Here I have to click "quote", "insert quotes", and then "quote these messages" to do this, and that seems rather annoying and clumsy.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi @kubeek, I believe the Quote feature on ETO is the same as hitting the "Reply" button here. They have disabled the "+Quote" multi-quote feature and renamed "Reply" to "Quote".

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Could we get an option, or even just set it for all, to disable the multi-quote functionality? It is quite annoying when you need to click three times to quote someone, instead of just once.

Over at ETO which runs basically the same engine it works like this: You click the quote button, and the quoted post gets inserted at the cursor in the reply box below. You click another quote, another gets inserted right at the cursor.

Here I have to click "quote", "insert quotes", and then "quote these messages" to do this, and that seems rather annoying and clumsy.
Why do we need to disable a function?

If you want do what you describe, just use a different function that does it, namely "Reply"?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

We could enable the multi quote and call the +quote "multi quote" and teh reply "direct quote".
With "multi quote" you can quote parts of multiple posts and even from multiple threads.
This can be handy when there is something relevant posted in an other thraed.

This way we can have the best of the old and new features.

Bertus