Quieting opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
Ironic yes but I think Wendy wrapped it up nicely before the thread would possibly become either a loop or a flame war .Imho.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The problem with politics is it's everywhere.

During a discussion (video) it was reported that two thirds of the ICCT, the organization the commissioned the WVU "real world" driving test that started the VW debacle, were former heads of the EPA and the CARB.

They read the earlier European report.

VW cheated, no doubt.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
It seems everyone has a NEW right.

The right to not be subjected to the terrible offense of having to hear an opinion that conflicts with their own.

I find this new right to be offensive and demand it be legislated away.
:)

Besides, it conflicts with my opinions in vague and various ways and that is just not right.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
The problem with politics is it's everywhere.

During a discussion (video) it was reported that two thirds of the ICCT, the organization the commissioned the WVU "real world" driving test that started the VW debacle, were former heads of the EPA and the CARB.

They read the earlier European report.

VW cheated, no doubt.
Wrong thread - the link in post 1 is about RICO charges of dissenting opinions to CO2 emissions related to global warming - not the VW fiasco.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The subject was politics and the example was the VW debacle. Politics is everywhere.

Your opinion is formulated by your politics. It's a must win at all costs battle for some. The diehard fanatics have blinders. The internet has opened a new round of funding sources for some. From fanatical supporters of all stripes, people are competing in the world stage. It's good Or bad that some use their former connections to influence the outcome.

In the end, the consumer pays for all the extras.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
[/QUOTE]

I think it is funny and ironic that a thread about silencing dissenting opinions...

was was silenced.

View attachment 92287
You're wrong on two accounts. 1) The subject was not about silencing dissenting opinions, rather it was about what to do about those who knowingly give false information. Dissenting opinions != lies. The thread was, as usual, immediately hijacked. 2) It was not silenced as it went on for several days before closing. There was nothing new being discussed, same old, same old, and was repeating itself.

Seriously, we don't have anything bette to do than drag up the same old stuff, make the same statements, same rehashed rhetoric?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
No we don't have anything better to do. If we did most of us would not be here.:p

In fact if you look at the very nature of this forum all we do is help people with the same basic circuits and problems over and over again day in and day out. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.