Quantum Locking and diamagnetic magic

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
It was achieved using two magnets and diamagnetic material to stabilize so it does have both repulsion and attraction and obtains an equilibrium without external energy.
Yes, exactly. The repulsion and attraction is between magnets, not the suspended diamagnetic material.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Oh you're mistaking the example... it's actually a suspended magnet over another magnet being stabilized with diamagnetic material... all the details are in that UCLA study I posted... very well documented and even have the formulas for stabilizing. It's actually an interesting read and I've reached out to the author.

Here it is if you didn't read it:
http://www.physics.ucla.edu/marty/diamag/ajp601.pdf

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Oh you're mistaking the example... it's actually a suspended magnet over another magnet being stabilized with diamagnetic material... all the details are in that UCLA study I posted... very well documented and even have the formulas for stabilizing. It's actually an interesting read and I've reached out to the author.

Here it is if you didn't read it:
http://www.physics.ucla.edu/marty/diamag/ajp601.pdf
I was talking about the video example but the base theory is the same with the diamagnetic material being used as a stabilizer. I glanced at it on your first post of it after the edit, obviously it's consistent with Earnshaw’s theorem, Diamagnetic's exhibiting only repulsion and all known magnetic theory. What does it prove according to your personal theory?

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Earnshaw's theorem states that a collection of point charges cannot be maintained in a stable stationary equilibrium configuration solely by the electrostatic interaction of the charges. This was first mathematically demonstrated by British mathematician Samuel Earnshaw in 1842. It is usually referenced to magnetic fields, but was first applied to electrostatic fields.

Still working on my theory but so far so good. I’m sure I have some more research to do. If his theorem was correct my theory would have failed... which would be fine because sometime it’s the journey and the learning on the way. Also it couldn’t be correct based on things I’ve seen. Of course it just needs an adjustment to work again.

Last edited: