PWM help needed

Jacob J

Joined Jun 18, 2009
I changed the resistor because SgtWookie said so. I have a now changed the 8,2k to a 1k (that is the only one I have). I have removed the 555 timer, put in a new. I have taken the shorter between 3 and 4 out. It still dont work. I can take my potentiometer out, and the motor still runs at the same speed, wich I think is a bit strange.

The timer is a LM555CN and the transistor is a TIP122.

I just cant figure out, why it isnt working..

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Try the LED schem I show in my layout, it will provide feedback if it is working or not. If only one or the other LED is lite then you don't have oscillation.

Jacob J

Joined Jun 18, 2009
I have placed my diodes (LED) in the same layout as your drawing shows. I will try to replace both diodes with new ones. But should my motor be running at constant speed, if one of the diodes didnt work?

Jacob J

Joined Jun 18, 2009
Now I have tried to put in those leds, but they wont light. Just cant figure out, what I have done wrong. Does my breadboard design look alright except the shorting on 3 and 4 and the big capasitor?

Jacob J

Joined Jun 18, 2009
I have found out what the problem was. I had connected my transistor wrong. It works like a charme. Thank you all for your help.