Pulling energy from a fridge to feed an arduino

lucassena

Joined Feb 17, 2020
Hello Guys! I working in a project with a fridge and I having some issues with derivating energy from power source. I need to feed an arduino, so I need to connect an 5 volts power source in this arduino. In this project I'm considering that I dont have more than one energy plug, so I have to pull energy from the fridge cable. Im quiet unsure about how to safely pull this energy. I thought in using conectors or splicing it and then rolling it with insulated tape. Do you guys can help with this problem? Thank you!

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
To pull the energy, one must use a proper HOOK :) :)
However if the wish is to make it somehow thermally, may consider the Peltier element. If laid a current, it cools, but if to cool it, it generates the electricity.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Your line voltage is what? My line voltage is 120 VAC 60 Hz. and I would just buy something along these lines and safely hard wire it into the refrigerator power in line. Most appliances have the power in run to a terminal strip. I would start there. The link is merely an example. I have a similar unit made by Belkin.

Ron