Psu ripple and hard disk problem

NOCTURNE

Joined Feb 19, 2021
Hello to all
I have a 750 watt PSU for several years (about 5 years). my HDD making noise and I freezing just a millisecond I replaced the hard drive and realized the new one has the same problem again.
then I realized that the problem is with the power output ripple, and by replacing the input and output capacitors, the problem was solved for 9 months.

After that, it happened again and this time I went and bought some very high quality and expensive capacitors and changed all the capacitors. The problem was solved.

But now, after 2 months, the hard drive has the same problem again and I do not know why the capacitors break down so quickly again, even though they are much better than before, apparently, they can not clean the output ripple properly.

I wanted to know, do you know why it happened so quickly? Is there a problem with the electricity in the house? or because the output filter may have a fault that could damage the capacitor's ripple cleaning? I always used up to a maximum of 400 watts of power wattage, I am really frustrated. :palm:

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Could be a number of things, transients, perhaps your overheating them from the amount of draw, perhaps your diodes are starting to go causing reverse voltage... impossible to pin point without looking at the outputs at various points so we‘re guessing. New PSU are inexpensive.

NOCTURNE

Joined Feb 19, 2021
thanks for the replay dude, I wanna tell some info here
first, it's currently impossible for me to buy a new one since these components are extremely expensive here.
------------------------------------------
these are my output filter capacitors datasheets
https://silmic.ir/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/ME-WX.pdf - 2200 and 25volt
https://silmic.ir/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/al-ky-e-2020.pdf 1000 35 volt
they all have high Rated ripple current number in their datasheets
and this time because they were too big in size I attach some of them to board with a wire but in terms of spacing they all good placed and there is no thermal issue since my case is open all the time and components not getting too hot also these caps are in series of really high quality and should not getting broken only in 2 mounts in my opinion and maybe they arent currently?
-------------------------------------
also, I wanna say the ripple iam talking about is not a ripple happening on output voltages transparently, since they all seem really stable as far as measured them and in standard range even in pressure.
but this ripple happens in very high frequency I think and only can see with an oscilloscope.
--------------------------------------
all I have for testing currently is a multimeter and I don't have an oscilloscope
is it possible to test points only with a multimeter and what I have to test?
-----------------------------------------------
really appreciated for reading :X

NOCTURNE

Joined Feb 19, 2021
Could be a number of things, transients, perhaps your overheating them from the amount of draw, perhaps your diodes are starting to go causing reverse voltage... impossible to pin point without looking at the outputs at various points so we‘re guessing. New PSU are inexpensive.
thanks for the replay dude, I wanna tell some info here
first, it's currently impossible for me to buy a new one since these components are extremely expensive here.
------------------------------------------
these are my output filter capacitors datasheets
https://silmic.ir/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/ME-WX.pdf - 2200 and 25volt
https://silmic.ir/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/al-ky-e-2020.pdf 1000 35 volt
they all have high Rated ripple current number in their datasheets
and this time because they were too big in size I attach some of them to board with a wire but in terms of spacing they all good placed and there is no thermal issue since my case is open all the time and components not getting too hot also these caps are in series of really high quality and should not getting broken only in 2 mounts in my opinion and maybe they arent currently?
-------------------------------------
also, I wanna say the ripple iam talking about is not a ripple happening on output voltages transparently, since they all seem really stable as far as measured them and in standard range even in pressure.
but this ripple happens in very high frequency I think and only can see with an oscilloscope.
--------------------------------------
all I have for testing currently is a multimeter and I don't have an oscilloscope
is it possible to test points only with a multimeter and what I have to test?
-----------------------------------------------
really appreciated for reading :X