Project help

L_P

Joined Aug 10, 2008
Hey
i was wondering that there is a replacement for the schokky diode BAT45 or BAT43 when it is to be used in a cicuit that detects mobile phone signals (basically i think it detects the RF signals).we need it for a project but unfortunately we can't seem to locate it.
thanks alot

also we're planning to make an inductor for our circuit ...is there any particular way to make it or do we just wind it like a normal spring/solenoid

thanks alot again:)

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hey
i was wondering that there is a replacement for the schokky diode BAT45 or BAT43 when it is to be used in a cicuit that detects mobile phone signals (basically i think it detects the RF signals).
Mouser.com carries BAT43's:
http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=511-BAT43
You might be able to substitute something like a 1N5817 (axial leads) or BAT54 (SMT) depending upon your mounting requirements.

also we're planning to make an inductor for our circuit ...is there any particular way to make it or do we just wind it like a normal spring/solenoid
You could wind an air coil on a form, like a Bic pen barrel with the ink cartridge removed, or around the body of a very high-resistance carbon resistor (very common in the 'good old days').

What value of inductance do you need, and what size magnet wire were you planning on winding the inductor with?