Programming for dyslexics

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,
I've been programming since the early 80s (Remember the Spectrum?) and completed some interesting projects. (for me anyway) still in BASIC

As the programs got more complicated, I joined forums for help. This has been a fantastic help, and my programming has improved, but I have mild dyslexia, so I seem to always need some sort of help. I hope this isn't too annoying for the helpers.

I have been working on quite an involved project for a number of years now, and am nearing a miles stone in its completion. The FULL program has gotten quite large, so too much to post for anyone to help any more, apart from sections, that need updating or improving.

At the moment, I'm on a section that once improved will be added back into the FULL program, however, I've spotted a couple of spelling mistakes. e,g, 'WHO I AM' is abreviated to WIA, but I've found W1A. Errors like this must be in the FULL program. I'm just wondering what to do, and thought I'd pass it on in case anyone's interested.

Cheer, Camerart.

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,
I've been programming since the early 80s (Remember the Spectrum?) and completed some interesting projects. (for me anyway) still in BASIC

As the programs got more complicated, I joined forums for help. This has been a fantastic help, and my programming has improved, but I have mild dyslexia, so I seem to always need some sort of help. I hope this isn't too annoying for the helpers.

I have been working on quite an involved project for a number of years now, and am nearing a miles stone in its completion. The FULL program has gotten quite large, so too much to post for anyone to help any more, apart from sections, that need updating or improving.

At the moment, I'm on a section that once improved will be added back into the FULL program, however, I've spotted a couple of spelling mistakes. e,g, 'WHO I AM' is abreviated to WIA, but I've found W1A. Errors like this must be in the FULL program. I'm just wondering what to do, and thought I'd pass it on in case anyone's interested.

Cheer, Camerart.
Did you make spelling errors? If so, it happens all the time and most editors should have a search/find and replace.
Hi W,
The errors can pop up anytime. I have to accept this, as if I try harder I would never move forward, so I do my best and sometimes I spot them could be months later.

I use SPI and for clarity use MOSI and MISO for master out slave in. Today I spotted that MOSI and MISO were connected backwards.

When reading DATA sheets, I sometimes think I've found an error, then after reading many times, it's most likely me at fault, but occassionally it's there's.
C

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
LOL.... And some.... I still have every model...
Hi I,
Ah, the Spectrum! By connecting to the rear connector, I had a photographic lab running off 3x Speccies.

I bought one for my son, as a bribe to do better at school, he went on to get a degree in computing.
C.

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,Since coming on these forums, my dyslaxia has improved a lot, and I now take more time reading data sheets, and replies.
Cheers, C.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Reversing things can happen to the best of us… I once used a NMOS when I meant to use a PMOS, then had it had backwards when I know about the body diode, now I’m on my 3 redesign to correct that annoying error.

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Reversing things can happen to the best of us… I once used a NMOS when I meant to use a PMOS, then had it had backwards when I know about the body diode, now I’m on my 3 redesign to correct that annoying error.
Hi W,
I'm sure most of us make mistakes, and I see quite a few large companies psting error corrections.

In my case I sometimes WRITE something, then double check it is correct, then find it to be wrong a month later. Having said that, and that I'm improving, I try to kind of corner mistakes, to prove they are correct, if you follow.
C