Programming Distress call

nanobyte

Joined May 26, 2004
Hi everybody. Using Intel 80x86 Assembly Language I am trying write a program that:
1. Prompts the user to enter 10 characters
2. Accepts 10 character from a keyboard input and determines how many ASCII codes for "lower case" letters there are.
3. Displays the "lower case" letters on the monitor.

*It's supposed to take in one character at a time.
Please take a look at what I have already on the attachment below.
Any help, suggestions, or examples would be greatly appreciated.

linuxlouis

Joined Dec 31, 2004
Hi, I think the logic from your code looks pretty good. I would suggest to declare an array variable in your data section of 11 characters - or 88 bytes - and in your "decide" routine, if it determines a "lower case" character, store that into the array and then repeat the same routines to get the next character and then "decide" again. After each lower case character gets assigned to an index in the array, put some kind of token after each lower case character in the array; after all 10 characters have been input, have a routine read each character from your array until it reaches the "token" - also, I would initialize your array variable's 1st position with this token. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by nanobyte@Dec 29 2004, 09:58 PM
Hi everybody. Using Intel 80x86 Assembly Language I am trying write a program that:
1. Prompts the user to enter 10 characters
2. Accepts 10 character from a keyboard input and determines how many ASCII codes for "lower case" letters there are.
3. Displays the "lower case" letters on the monitor.

*It's supposed to take in one character at a time.
Please take a look at what I have already on the attachment below.
Any help, suggestions, or examples would be greatly appreciated.
[post=4343]Quoted post[/post]​