Programming an Instrument Cluster

Skotty319

Joined Oct 8, 2019
year/model and what is it you need to do?
I have an 03 Chevy Silverado with a melted cluster. I grabbed one from the junkyard and rebuilt it but the mileage is twice as high as the truck had. I have an eprom programmer but I couldn’t for the life of me decode the hex dump and figure out where the mileage was in it to adjust it. I would’ve just swapped the EPROMs if the old board hadn’t melted down so catastrophically

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
Can you provide proof your changing the cluster? I may help as long as its not against the rules of the forum.

Did you verify the eeprom is actually damaged in the original? Even on meltdowns it may be alright at least enough to remove and read it.

Skotty319

Joined Oct 8, 2019
Not sure what I can provide for proof. I have receipts and pics from the new cluster and transfer paperwork from the truck showing the mileage if that would work? I haven’t tried to just swap the EPROM from the old one yet because the rest of the cluster was fried so bad but I guess there’s no harm in trying that first. I’ll let you know if that doesn’t work and I appreciate the help!

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
Old eeprom no good then eh? Just upload your bin in a zip. No need to email anyone unless they want you to make a donation or something.

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
*shrug* There is nothing slow about the forum.
In fact there or several forums dedicated to just this type of thing. (posting your old dump so someone will calculate it for you and give you the new one) I'm sure you know of a few if you do corrections often.

So, I am a hardware engineer in computing and my friend that owns a car lot buys a lot of cars from Canada. He is offering me a side gig converting his KMPH to MPH. This thread is the best one I have found as it is exactly what I want to do. My problem is that the clusters are removed from the vehicle. I would need a stand alone jig of some sort? I know there are tools out there like enigma and stuff but I think I just need a eeprom programmer? I will have to post 9 more times until my ability to pm Lum works.