Programming an Instrument Cluster ..#2

Mrdear123

Joined Feb 26, 2022
Hi im new to this forum
Please i need help.
I have yaris uk model digital cluster i have extracted its eeprom file.
Anyone can modify it
Want to convert
Mph to km/h
Mpg to km/l
Miles in km.
Thanks
Regards

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Conversion factors are readily available on-line for all of those quantities.
You post is very brief so we have no idea what hardware and software you are working with. If you can be a little more informative, maybe we can offer some help.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
My son had a Yaris; it does these conversions itself from the buttons on the cluster... no EEPROM-reprogrammng needed. AFAIK, apart from some locally manufactured cars in certain countries that were never exported all modern cars from major players can be set-up for US/UK/EU readout by the user, why would you think otherwise?

frankr2994

Joined Apr 30, 2020
Not worth the effort. I'm a mechanic but not at a dealer. If something like that can't be changed on your end i would swing by the dealer and drive back to the service garage. Works really nice if they have evening hours. Pay a tech 20 bucks to toss a scan tool on it and he'll change it for you in 2 minutes. I would however refuse to pay a flat rate hour fee running it through service like normal. I had techs give me their name and number after giving them 20 bucks for something simple like that at the dealer. Makes them happy as hell to do it.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Both my Toyota's can be set up to read KPH, Liters and such all from the system setup. You may need to explore the options, or ask a dealership how to change them. You may even find instructions on YouTube.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Pay a tech 20 bucks to toss a scan tool on it

Those scan tools are pretty amazing. I just bought a Launch X431 miniS after my youngest son borrowed one from his friend to diagnose my 07 Silverado door locks. ~$700 but they can do so many things that most DIY guys like me would waste money fixing. The scan tool told me that the door lock its self was the problem not the expesive BCM I would have replaced and still have the problem. Plus they work for most all makes no matter where they were made.

Last edited: