Programmable digital thermostat with 3 pin or else

krity

Joined Feb 5, 2018
Hi

Can anyone recommend any digital Thermostat which are programmable and having 3 pin configuration ASAP?

Thanks
krity

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
You will need to much better explain what you want? Digital thermostats are abundant in any home improvement store for residential use. You have provided no information so how can anyone suggest a solution?

Ron

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hi

Can anyone recommend any digital Thermostat which are programmable and having 3 pin configuration ASAP?

Thanks
krity
The Ecobee smart thermostats can adapt to a 3-wire (heating only?) system. But as noted, the hardware store will have a range of options for you and I suspect most will work. Just shop for a model that has the features you want and nothing more. The last time I was looking, you had to pay more for more detailed programming, for instance a model with a different program for each day of the week was more expensive than a model that just had weekend and weekday programs.

krity

Joined Feb 5, 2018
Hi Ron,

As i am working on DS1821 digital programmable thermostat for trigger temperature but this thermostat is neither available nor recommended for new design .So can you suggest me its substitute .Substitute will have 3 pin configuration.

You will need to much better explain what you want? Digital thermostats are abundant in any home improvement store for residential use. You have provided no information so how can anyone suggest a solution?

Ron
Hi Ron,

As i am working on DS1821 digital programmable thermostat for trigger temperature but this thermostat is neither available nor recommended for new design .So can you suggest me its substitute .Substitute will have 3 pin configuration.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
With the information (Or lack of it) I think we all thought you were talking about a central heating thermostat. I suggest you Google "digital programmable thermostat" or do a search on electronic suppliers websites. (Or even Ebay.)

Les.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I also thought a digital home heating thermostat. As to the DS 1821 I am not aware of any similar sensors. I guess it depends on exactly what you wish to do, temperature range and what you want to control?

Ron

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Here are a few 3 pin temperature sensors.. Since you didn't specify any details you will need to decide if they are suitable for your application or not..
DS18B20
MAX31820
TMP36

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Here are a few 3 pin temperature sensors.. Since you didn't specify any details you will need to decide if they are suitable for your application or not..
DS18B20
MAX31820
TMP36

I think TS is looking for a consumer electronics solution and not a component.

Am issues that should be addressed as the forum gets a number of consumer electronics questions and this is not a consumer electronics forum.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I think TS is looking for a consumer electronics solution and not a component.

Am issues that should be addressed as the forum gets a number of consumer electronics questions and this is not a consumer electronics forum.
post #4 seems to indicate otherwise..

DS1821 is a Maxim component that has reached end of life.. They need a replacement for it..