Process physical parameters

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
Is there any site where I can see the physical parameters of each MOSFET process?
If you worked for a company that made them or used a foundry.

I studied the design rules and wrote rule checks for processes from 250nm to 10nm. That information was classified Top Secret at the company I worked for. Don't know anything about discrete MOSFET processes though...

Tesla96

Joined Mar 22, 2020
I understand, it makes sense, but if I want to select transistor sizing and biasing for an analog circuit usign EKV3 model i need to know some parameters (n,μ,Cox) of the specific current which is calculated by the following formula:
Ispec=2*n*(Ut^2)*μ*Cox*W/L
How do you move on if you don't know any of these parameters?

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
My assumption, unless I am crazy, is if you are doing design like this the fab,
the process that you are using, must supply you with these parameters. Otherwise
no designs could be done.

Regards, Dana.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There is an obvious problem here. There is no fab, the TS is not a real designer, and the design is for fun or education, or something else I haven't thought of.

Tesla96

Joined Mar 22, 2020
Actually the design is for a project and indeed it's my first design. All the exercises I 've seen so far ,had these parameters given. I am wondering how you start a real design without knowing these parameters. For example, a 180 nm process may be better than a 90nm process for a specific application. How could I conclude in which process is the best for my design if I don't do the design first?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Actually the design is for a project and indeed it's my first design. All the exercises I 've seen so far ,had these parameters given. I am wondering how you start a real design without knowing these parameters. For example, a 180 nm process may be better than a 90nm process for a specific application. How could I conclude in which process is the best for my design if I don't do the design first?
As @danadak has already pointed out -- you can't.