Problems with lighting a series of led strips

rahulb

Joined Jun 5, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to light a series of led strips with 12 volt 2 amp power supply.

I made a diagram, please check the image below:

sample.jpg

The smps supply is below:

smps-metal-body-non-waterproof-800x800.jpg

When I am trying to power the full circuit, the green led on smps is turning on and off every 1 second.

when I tried to light the circuit with 12v inverter battery, only half of the strips are turning on. I checked, there is no short circuit and I tested all the strips before adding to the circuit.

I think the strips are added in parallel, so there will be no voltage drop.

can anyone help me?

thanks

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
What is the current taken by each colour on each strip. I have just looked on ebay at 5 meter RGB led strips and they quote 2 amps per colour. (6 amps total per strip.) so 33 of these would take 198 amps. Which is VERY MUCH MORE than 2 amps.

Edit. If each strip just consists of 4 LEDs of each colour with the current limiting resistro values shown in your first post then current will not be a problem.
Les.

Last edited:

rahulb

Joined Jun 5, 2019
What is the current taken by each colour on each strip. I have just looked on ebay at 5 meter RGB led strips and they quote 2 amps per colour. (6 amps total per strip.) so 33 of these would take 198 amps. Which is VERY MUCH MORE than 2 amps.

Les.
each strip has 4 leds of each color. I used resistance for 4 leds i.e. 10 mA

so, total current that one strip should take is 30 mA. so 33 strips should take 33 X 0.03 = 1 Amp.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am confused now.

thanks