Problems with 5 led chaser

ShoFat

Joined Mar 1, 2018
I had already put together a 5-LED chaser( in a cyclic manner) with 555 and 4022 CMOS ICs.
It rotates anticlockwise but I want it clockwise.
I mean suggestion how to make it rotate clockwise.
Waiting for your response guys.

ShoFat

Joined Mar 1, 2018
Folks , I am re-posting this request again please your response:

"I had already put together a 5-LED chaser( in a cyclic manner) with 555 and 4022 CMOS ICs.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015

"I had already put together a 5-LED chaser( in a cyclic manner) with 555 and 4022 CMOS ICs.
You need to start your own thread on this subject.

Where you find the questions people post, up at the top (or at the very bottom) you'll find an orange button for creating your own question. That's the right way to post a question.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018

CHeap trick way is to put the LEDs on the opposite side of the board. Just be careful of the polarity.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I moved your posts to a thread of your own as it was not related to the thread you posted in.

Bertus

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
That counter only counts up. If you want to reverse the direction of the LEDs, you need to rewire.

You should post a schematic when you're discussing circuits.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
If the lights are moving in the direction you don't want then you'll have to rewire the LED's and the outputs they're running from. For instance, a clockwise sweep starting at the 12 O-Clock position, you'd start with the first output going to the LED in the 12 O-Clock position. The next would be the 1 O-Clock position, it would be wired to the second output and so on and so on. To achieve a COUNTER-clockwise direction, the second output would go to the 11 O-Clock position, then the 10, then the 9, then the 8 and so on.

If your circuit is working but not in the direction you wanted then it's a matter of rewiring the LED's to chase in the direction you desire. There's no switches you throw to make the 4022 count backwards, it doesn't do that.