Problem with PMSM motor model in Simulink

Schenk123

Joined Apr 25, 2020
Good afternoon,

I have developed a Vector Control for a PMSM motor in Simulink using Simscape Electrical but my motor is not spinning. I have tried applying various speed values but nothing happens. I am applying a step signal from 0 to 300 but the motor speed still doesn't move. My error signal, however, tracks my input as it should. I do not know what has happened. Could someone look at my simulation and tell me what is going on ? My simulink can be downloaded from my OneDrive and the screenshots of my signals are attached.

Simulink File: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlkE9jIQZ7btg33sjTBLiQkBkyKd?e=KlvTet

Attachments

tsan

Joined Sep 6, 2014
I don't have matlab, but you calculate d-axis and q-axis current from 3-phase voltages instead of 3-phase currents.

Schenk123

Joined Apr 25, 2020
Hi @tsan thanks for your reply. You are right. I made that silly mistake. But after correcting it so that currents are fed in the Clarke and Parke transforms, I still have the same graph. I don't know if it is something else that's causing this or maybe I need an open loop starting technique ?

TechWise

Joined Aug 24, 2018
Try replacing the PM motor with a much simpler RL load then verify that your controller, modulator and converter can drive a sinusoidal current into the load. This will tell you that your power electronic system is correct and it's either a control problem or an issue with the motor.