Problem with CD4093BE

massanetabr

Joined Jun 3, 2019
Hello guys, I have some equipment that uses a control board in which the original HEF4093 ICs burned and in place I put a texas CD4093BE. However, the circuit does not work correctly. I don't know much about electronics, but someone can help me.

What would be the function of the 200pf capacitor connected to the ground and the U17C?

On one side of the capacitor is gnd 0V, on the other is it if I had nothing connected to the U17 input?4093.jpg

schmitt trigger

Joined Jul 12, 2010
I”ll join the chorus; it must be a drawing mistake on the schematic.
On the board itself, check exactly how the device is connected. As Bertus mentioned, very likely pins 8 and 9 are connected together.

massanetabr

Joined Jun 3, 2019
The diagram really lacks the connection between the 8 and 9 of the U17C, but the board is interconnected

The CD4093 is used position U17, U12 and U1.

Looking at the complete schematic does anyone tell me something that makes the Cd4093 from texas purchased from farnell not working properly?

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
What would be the function of the 200pf capacitor connected to the ground and the U17C?
I agree with the others that there is a missing connection.

I don't put much stock in schematics drawn like that. Connection dots with wire humps and unnecessary wire bends are signs of someone who doesn't know what they're doing. Of course, some schematics are drawn by drafting people who know nothing about electronics...

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I never connect two Schmitt Trigger inputs together like that to make a Schmitt Trigger inverter.
Since the input with the capacitor has no DC voltage reference then I guess some ICs will work and other ICs will not.

massanetabr

Joined Jun 3, 2019
A detail that may help to solve the problem:

The equipment even works, but when the power is increased the LD8 Q-up limit must light up and not allow the power to be increased.

With the old IC the led lights up and does not increase the power anymore, with the new IC the led also lights up but the power continues to increase.

massanetabr

Joined Jun 3, 2019
O esquema tem um erro, na placa real os pinos 8 e 9 estão conectados.

Mod: translate.
scheme has an error, on the real board pins 8 and 9 are connected

Last edited by a moderator:

massanetabr

Joined Jun 3, 2019
Problem update: The board uses the 4093 in position U1, U12 and U17. I did a test with some old ICs of the ST HCF4093BE, and that the CD4093BE of Texas does not give problem in the position U1 and U12, only in the position U17, in that position I left that of the ST and it is working.

However I have other cards and it is no longer manufactured in HCF4093BE in DPID-14

Where in U17 is the problem? No U17A, B, C or D?

Is changing the value of any component or making a change in the circuit with you a solution?

Remembering that pin 8 and 9 of U17 is physically interconnected, in the diagram no.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Problem update: The board uses the 4093 in position U1, U12 and U17. I did a test with some old ICs of the ST HCF4093BE, and that the CD4093BE of Texas does not give problem in the position U1 and U12, only in the position U17, in that position I left that of the ST and it is working.

However I have other cards and it is no longer manufactured in HCF4093BE in DPID-14

Where in U17 is the problem? No U17A, B, C or D?

Is changing the value of any component or making a change in the circuit with you a solution?

Remembering that pin 8 and 9 of U17 is physically interconnected, in the diagram no.
if D23 is connected like the diagram, it is wrong. It is connected backwards. The anode should be connected to pin 8.