Problem with browseing for photos to upload, Win7 &Firefox

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
I'm running Firefox 37.0.2 and Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
When I click on Upload a File in replying to a post, the browser opens Windows Explorer. I can see the folders where the photos are, but when I open the folder, it shows no files. It has "All........" for the extension selection. This even though the files are there any other way I access them through Windows Explorer. I get this on at least two different computers, but not on any other Forums. ????

Ken

Joined Nov 30, 2010
When I want to upload a file, I either already have it in a search window or on the desktop. Then it's just a drag&drop away. I think the, "search window" to which I refer is an expression of, "Windows Explorer".

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
#12 beat me to it but this worked just like you described.. Opens an explorer window - double click and there! Win7-64 Pro, FF 37.0.2. Are the picture types supported by the forum?

Attachments

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Funny, "Upload a File" opens Libraries>Pictures, and photos in that directory show and I can upload them. But if I open any sub-folders they appear empty.

Ken

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Thanks bertus. That works. But I wonder why the flash-based uploader works on all other forums, but not here.
Well that solves my problem.

Ken