Pressure Pump Switchs

Rifaat Kamel

Joined Oct 26, 2018
First of all, I am sorry for my poor English language.
Recently, I got my second pressure pump.
(1) I wondered (as in attached pics) why there is no wiring between the pressure sensor (at the front of the pump) and the motor (as usual with this type of pump)? is the wire passed internally?
(2) What is the function of the micro switch? And how to use it?
Many Thanks
C.jpg D.jpg

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
I think the microswitch goes in the impeller end, and it's wired Normal closed, so you push the yellow button to stop the pump.

Rifaat Kamel

Joined Oct 26, 2018
I think the microswitch goes in the impeller end, and it's wired Normal closed, so you push the yellow button to stop the pump.
Thank u
What about the wiring between the pressure sensor (at the front of the pump) and the motor?
Is it possible that it is internally wired?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Yes, please provide a better picture of the wiring of the switches that you are asking about. The picture presented, while quite clear, gives no clue as to things that you are asking about. What we are shown is a normally closed switch with connections to something that we do not see. There is no way that any useful information can be provided from the picture posted. My X-Ray vision is even poorer than my mind reading.

Rifaat Kamel

Joined Oct 26, 2018
Yes, please provide a better picture of the wiring of the switches that you are asking about. The picture presented, while quite clear, gives no clue as to things that you are asking about. What we are shown is a normally closed switch with connections to something that we do not see. There is no way that any useful information can be provided from the picture posted. My X-Ray vision is even poorer than my mind reading.
Don't know, have you got a better picture of the wires...?
Dear Dodgydave,

Be patient … u have a poor X-Ray, I have a poor language + poorer knowledge.

Dear,
There is no wiring between the pressure switch (at the front of the pump) and the motor. All wires (the D/C input and the micro switch) are connected directly to the "rear hole" of the body!
If I am still not clear, simply tell me: is it safe to connect the power and the hoses and start using the pump?
Be patient … I am not a technician … I am an old Professional Boxer … want to wash the living room’s carpet to avoid my wife’s punishment ... Be patient … like me1 (1).jpg 2 (1).jpg

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Looks like it's already connected in series with the 12v supply, so plug it on and it should work, and should stop when you press the yellow button.

Rifaat Kamel

Joined Oct 26, 2018
Looks like it's already connected in series with the 12v supply, so plug it on and it should work, and should stop when you press the yellow button.
Thank u very much
By the way, if the function of the yellow button is to stop the pump, what is the use of 303 switch? As u know, I can stop the pump by switching it On / Off.
Any way, I will try.
Thanks again
Regards

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
What happens when you run the pump and press the micro sw?
I would assume it is for custom unattended level monitoring of your choice.
Max.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, I see very clearly now that the switches at the front of the pump are not connected. Possibly they have failed and that is why they are taped up. The result is that while the pump may run, there is no electrical control for the pressure.
What is the purpose of the pump, what liquid will it be pumping? And is it important to control the pressure in your application. Now that I can see it, you have a pump without the pressure switch connected.
And we still have no idea about what control your application requires.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Here is an example of your pump. Now if we look close at the bottom view it looks to have a pressure switch connected in series with the pump power. My guess is someone for some unknown reason added the micro-switch shown with your pump and disconnected the pressure sensor switch.
Possibly they have failed and that is why they are taped up.
That would be my guess or the pump was re-purposed for some reason or application.You can eliminate the micro switch and wire the pressure switch in series with the red lead and see if when you dead head the pump it shuts down. Deadhead as in block the outlet flow.

Ron

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Here is an example of your pump. Now if we look close at the bottom view it looks to have a pressure switch connected in series with the pump power. My guess is someone for some unknown reason added the micro-switch shown with your pump and disconnected the pressure sensor switch.

That would be my guess or the pump was re-purposed for some reason or application.You can eliminate the micro switch and wire the pressure switch in series with the red lead and see if when you dead head the pump it shuts down. Deadhead as in block the outlet flow.
Serious Caution is required when blocking the discharge port of a positive displacement pump such as this one. My thinking is that the original pressure switch is hidden beneath the tape wrapped around it at the far end. The reason for the caution is that the pump would stop and stall the motor, leading very rapidly to either a motor burn out or triggering a non-resetable over temperature device. In either case the pump would need professional repair, or replacement. So it would be needed to switch off the pump power the moment that it stopped.
I am suggesting removing the tape at that end of the pump and observing what has been changed. It is obviously hiding something.
Ron