Power supply needed

Carnickie73

Joined Oct 7, 2020
20200910_110317.jpg
Hi there guys,
I'm looking to purchase a power supply for an IPL laser and don't know where to start. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Photos of the product would help. What you show covers the input requirements of the original supply, bot says nothing about the output(s). If the supply plugs into the device, then there should be a label (or molded-in information) near the connector.

ak

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Label shows it is rated for anywhere from 100V to 240V, 50-60Hz AC power. That is any wall outlet in just about any country in the world. In other words, the power supply that is labelled on the box is "universal:, just like laptop or iPad chargers.
Now, if the device has a separate power lead from a separate power supply, you would have to read or show any labels on the device itself, or post pictures of the device/labels/power plug.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
There are two versions of Switched mode psus, 9V and 24V, what model of hair remover is yours.. Picture of it please..

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
First, welcome to AAC.

I don't think she's looking for a power supply. This looks like the requirements for a hair removal tool (as shown in the picture). The tool can be plugged into any electrical outlet that provides AC voltages anywhere from 100VAC to 240VAC. I'm assuming the device has internal voltage regulation. Pictures would certainly clarify what we're dealing with. Then we can give you good answers.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
First, welcome to AAC.

I don't think she's looking for a power supply. This looks like the requirements for a hair removal tool (as shown in the picture). The tool can be plugged into any electrical outlet that provides AC voltages anywhere from 100VAC to 240VAC. I'm assuming the device has internal voltage regulation. Pictures would certainly clarify what we're dealing with. Then we can give you good answers.

Read The Header!!

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Header is ambiguous. Maybe the poster was looking for a variable 100-240V AC power supply to power the product (mistaken of course). We don't know if they have the original power supply or not, or what the poster was thinking...

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Read The Header!!
That was my first thought, and that is how I responded. But ...

a) The "Working Temperature" label should be "Relative Humidity", so the label data is a bit iffy.

b) She might be asking about a power *source*, unaware that the req is for standard house current. IOW, "supply" and "source" might be equivalent at her experience level.

ak

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Read The Header!!
Sometimes people confuse one thing for another. A power supply typically takes an input voltage and provides a controlled output voltage. Nothing in the photograph suggests an output, hence, not necessarily a power supply. That's why I'm asking for more pictures.

Someone has posted while I was typing.

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
Don't forget the plug shapes, if plugs/recepticles are involved. Otherwise you could still have more work to do to got them to mesh, if at all, without a lot of metal and plastic's work.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I see a whole lot of guesses as to just what the TS is actually seeking. And the original post does not make it very clear as to what is needed, if the requirement is a substitute for the mains power or a replacement for a power pack for the device. So a more detailed explanation of the requirements would allow some more useful responses.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I guess she's not getting the answers she wants. Already asked for more pictures of what we're talking about, but so far haven't gotten any. The new user still shows only a single post, which makes one think she's not being sincere in her quest. OR she's found what she's looking for and has abandoned us. Whatever the case, she's been asked to provide more information. Until she does - we can guess. Guessing doesn't provide answers, but sometimes it does help someone understand what we need to know, and may clue them into how to answer our questions. For now - I see no further purpose in following this thread.

Carnickie73

Joined Oct 7, 2020
Hi there

Thanks for your replies. It is a power lead that I am looking for. I have the IPL laser device, but I don't have a power lead for it. I'm afraid the device doesn't have any markings other than the make of the laser.

Attachments

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
I'm looking to purchase a power supply for an IPL laser and don't know where to start. Can anybody help me out?
It is what you trying to find:
Adapter.jpg1602778448602.png
AC/DC adapter
MODEL: K241-1202000B
INPUT: 100-240V~50/60Hz 1A
OUTPUT: 12V == 2000mA
- ←C→ + ("plus" is in center of connector)
-------------------------

1602716945799.png
Measure, or ask somebody
to measure dimensions of
your Skey device power connector.
If diameter of pin equal 2 mm
and hole diameter is in range 5.6mm to 6.4 mm,
then you can buy
this adapter from Amazon:
adapter.PNG

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Looks like a barrel socket that could be anything from 9V to 15V, any model number?

View attachment 219609
It does appear to be a barrel socket, there are many configurations of outside diameter and pin diameter, and in addition some very evil people reverse the polarity making the center negative.The voltage range runs from 3 volts up to at least 35 volts, that I have seen.
So to be safe you need to learn more about what is inside that laser package, because it could be anything. Does the seller also offer a power unit for this laser device?