Power Supply for Ipod shuffle Clone.

utilityhacker

Joined May 1, 2014
So my friend gave me this ipod shuffle clone and said it wont start because of not charching. So to see if its still working i connected it to my pc via usb and it detected the ipod (i could copy paste etc). Then after some tinkering i came to know it was the battery problem.Also the battery was rated 3.7v but no current capacity was stated. Then i disconnected the battery from the ipod and used the Arduino's 3.3v as power source and it worked, but frequently kept on restarting(maybe because of low voltage). I could now hear music playing. The question is If i use a battery from a mobile phone which is also rated 3.7v (but larger current rating) will the ipod get damaged? I want to keep the size of the ipod small but making it work is top priority. Looking forward for suggestions.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You're ok to replace the battery for a bigger capacity, at the same voltage, it will take longer to charge up, and also take longer to discharge which is better.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Do check the battery you used is of the same type, least you suffer a huge castristopic failure if it explodes or catches fire.