power electronics problems

asdasd12e12

Joined Nov 24, 2021
I'm taking power eletronics this semester and i would like to know some books or pdf files that have solved exercices.

My professors provide me none

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm taking power eletronics this semester and i would like to know some books or pdf files that have solved exercices.

I think that is the whole point. The trend seems to be one or two examples in the text and a raft of problems to deal with on your own. Most of the textbooks that I have follow this design, so I probably won't be much help. Come to think of it I can't recall ever seeing a book like the one you are describing. Good luck finding it.

asdasd12e12

Joined Nov 24, 2021
I think that is the whole point. The trend seems to be one or two examples in the text and a raft of problems to deal with on your own. Most of the textbooks that I have follow this design, so I probably won't be much help. Come to think of it I can't recall ever seeing a book like the one you are describing. Good luck finding it.
What should i do if i get stuck in a problem and got no one to help me?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
What should i do if i get stuck in a problem and got no one to help me?
  1. Go to your teaching assistant or professor office hours and ask for help
  2. Ask one of your classmates for help
  3. Reread the textbook chapter(s) and rework the example problems
  4. Consult another textbook on the subject from the library
  5. Offer a graduate student money or other favors in exchange for tutoring
If all of that fails you can always drop the course before it affects your GPA, or take a fail and retake the course.

Marc Sugrue

Joined Jan 19, 2018

The web is a great resource but you have to be specific. Power Electronics is a vast field so coverage in every element won't be found in a single location. Power Electronics is a nice beginner /student introduction that will help narrow down what your searching for, doesn't break the bank either.