Power electronics computer software

leo0001

Joined Sep 30, 2018
Hi,

There is a lot of computer softwares about power electronics or more : LTSpice, PSim, Matlab, Simulinks and there are probably other computer softwares that i forgot. I would like to know what is the purpose of all those computer softwares and actually what is different between those computer softwares. I actually know what is LTspice and i think it is a wonderfull computer software. I see briefly what is PSim but in my mind it is the same thing that LTspice. I m probably wrong... When I take a look about power electronics offers around the world, i see more often PSim than LTspice ? So why Psim is better than LTspice for power electronics ?

I also know Matlab and Simulink but I don't know what is the purpose of Matlab and Simulink in power electronics. I imagine that it is possible to simulate with simulink a DC/DC converter by knowing approximately the different transfer functions. But again what s the difference between LTspice ? I can also do some sort of simulations on LTspice to for example analyse stability about DC/DC converter. So please, bring me to the light ? And why sometimes it is better to use Matlab or Psim than LTspice ?

Thank you very much and have a nice day !

Léo