Power Amplifier Specs HELP NEEDED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yash_avengers

Joined Sep 28, 2015
The requirements are a minimum of 8W RMS power to 8Ω speakers with a maximum of 1% second harmonic distortion and 0.2% third harmonic distortion. Single chip integrated IC amplifiers are not allowed. BJT and MOSFETs in class A, AB, D or circlotron topology are recommended.

For the amplifier I tried building the EXACT circuit on this circuit. But apparently the signal got de-amplified instead of amplifying.http://hackaweek.com/hacks/?p=332

I think I probably need to change my resistor, capacitor values but not sure what value exactly I should choose. ALso need to change the PNP and NPN transistor as well as I think that might be the reason I am not getting desired output.

Can anyone help me in deciding what kind of set of resistors, capacitors, diodes and transistors I need as per my requirements?

Mod Edit: One thread is enough, keep it in the homework forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Not the world's best audio amplifier circuit, will not make the distortion requirements, and will not make 8 W. The signal probably got attenuated because this circuit has a relatively low input impedance. Questions:
Requirements from whom? Why?
Not allowed by whom? Why?
What is the project? Home? Work? School? Prototype for a production run? What are your circuit assembly skills? Are you supposed to design something from scratch, or just find something on the innergoogle and copy it?

Also, search for '10 watt amplifier schematic' to get hundreds of schematics.

ak

yash_avengers

Joined Sep 28, 2015
Not the world's best audio amplifier circuit, will not make the distortion requirements, and will not make 8 W. The signal probably got attenuated because this circuit has a relatively low input impedance. Questions:
Requirements from whom? Why?
Not allowed by whom? Why?
What is the project? Home? Work? School? Prototype for a production run? What are your circuit assembly skills? Are you supposed to design something from scratch, or just find something on the innergoogle and copy it?

Also, search for '10 watt amplifier schematic' to get hundreds of schematics.

ak
Its a school project! Need to make it by this friday! Can you recommend a schematic for that requirement? Also I am just required to use CLASS A, B or AB type.

Also what do you think about this? http://www.circuitsstream.com/2012/12/build-10-watt-audio-power-amplifier.html

Status
Not open for further replies.