Post numbering failing

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
In this ongoing thread, the fuse resistor seems to be still a mystery. Also those two posts with the same number.

Same number.png

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
@atferrari Could you provide a link to the thread in question?
Hola William,

This takes me in surprise; I was sure I had inserted the link in the OP, inside "this". Now is not there. Here it goes again.

BTW, now the thread shows up somehow shortened (maybe split by a mod?). Those posts are not visible (in my PC at least). Not akin to forensic investigations myself today....:)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Yeah, it appears that the thread has been edited (probably split), so it's impossible to see if the problem you spotted still exists.

I've seen post numbering issues before that resulted from actions that had occurred since the page was last refreshed. If you make a post to a thread that you've previously posted to, you will notice that your prior posts on that page do not show your new message count. So it appears that the browser is merely adding new information to the page display instead of reloading the entire page -- which certain conserves bandwidth. But if someone else deleted a post since you last got a complete refresh, you will have a mix of new and old information. This should resolve itself if you manually refresh the page (unless strange caching effects are at play).

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Yeah, it appears that the thread has been edited (probably split), so it's impossible to see if the problem you spotted still exists.

I've seen post numbering issues before that resulted from actions that had occurred since the page was last refreshed. If you make a post to a thread that you've previously posted to, you will notice that your prior posts on that page do not show your new message count. So it appears that the browser is merely adding new information to the page display instead of reloading the entire page -- which certain conserves bandwidth. But if someone else deleted a post since you last got a complete refresh, you will have a mix of new and old information. This should resolve itself if you manually refresh the page (unless strange caching effects are at play).
I had not contributed to that thread and it was my first time visiting it.