Possibly false CD4093?

massanetabr

Joined Jun 3, 2019
Hello guys, I would like to know if it is possible to identify your CI is a fake?

In my case it's a Texas CD4093. I would like to know if through the numbers above the CD4093BE writing it is possible to obtain what information?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I would like to know if it is possible to identify your CI is a fake?
I assume you mean IC.
In my case it's a Texas CD4093. I would like to know if through the numbers above the CD4093BE writing it is possible to obtain what information?
Examine the package for irregularities. The texture of the case should be the same on top and bottom.

Examine the pins. They should have the correct angle and shouldn't have any pitting on the shoulders.

Examine the markings. The TI logo should look like a good facsimile of Texas and the lowercase 'i' should be dotted. Some TI logos sometimes have a boy instead of a letter. Is the lettering uniform?

Did the part come from a reputable seller?

Post a clearly focused picture if you want our opinions.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Part diagram.
1608339546433.png
Solder less breadboard.
1608339659387.png
Put the part in the breadboard, connect some LEDs+resistors on the outputs to see high/low. Pull the inputs high and low and see what happens.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
An HP Logic Comparator would allow you to test it in circuit and at speed:
clipimage.jpg
I have one, but never had the need...

It works by putting a known good chip on a card, clipping the logic clip on the DUT, and exercising the inputs of the DUT.