Blog Suggestion Possibly a tiny mistake in an AAC article?

DraxDomax

Joined Apr 5, 2019
1. Sorry for the "6.5mm"! I meant 0.65mm
2. @OBW0549 , that's an interesting table, what column is the diameter in mm? I think "mils" may be millimetres, but then the numbers don't look right. I am genuinely struggling to read it.

3. This is actually not entirely unimportant. I am just getting started and looking for some materials. I don't know if 0.8mm will fit my breadboard properly and it was actually a little hard to find 0.8mm wire!

I am sure it's puddlenuts for you, experts :) But it's a pity to provide a beginner advice with a mistake that he isn't likely to catch.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I find mils a very misguiding term and do not use it.
It represents thousands of an inch which makes more sense to use this..
There is many sources of breadboard jumpers on ebay or go to home depot and buy a few feet of telephone cable.
Max.

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
2. @OBW0549 , that's an interesting table, what column is the diameter in mm? I think "mils" may be millimetres, but then the numbers don't look right. I am genuinely struggling to read it.

3. This is actually not entirely unimportant. I am just getting started and looking for some materials. I don't know if 0.8mm will fit my breadboard properly and it was actually a little hard to find 0.8mm wire!

I am sure it's puddlenuts for you, experts :) But it's a pity to provide a beginner advice with a mistake that he isn't likely to catch.
If you can jam 6.5mm wire into a breadboard, you have special talent!

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Like Max said, mils are 1/000's of an inch.

I checked the jumpers that came with a breadboard I bought a ways back, and they're AWG #22 and measure 0.64 mm diameter.

AWG #24 should also work, but might be a tad loose.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012

Typos happen. I've posted a comment in our Contributors forum bringing the matter to their attention and asking that the author or an editor correct the mistake. I don't know what kind of turn-around time to expect.