Poor Health Sucks

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
That sucks, man. Eat some chocolate or something.
Yeah.. I gotta eat something..

nerdegutta said:
That was bad news... Sorry to hear that!
..Not at all what I wanted to hear either.

Well, time to head back into the hospital. Hopefully they will have more info, and a gameplan.

And hopefully she will have made a decision on which path she wants to follow.

After seeing how a cellphone can affect a fluke 87, I can see why they dont want them used in hospitals.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Really sorry to hear that Retched. I know this might sound cold hearted but, in the end the decision has to be hers. I had a hard time excepting my Mom's decision to, but we don't have to go through th physical pain that our loved one is going through.
My thoughts are with you through this.

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your grandmother, retched. There's little in life that prepares us for these events other than to go through them.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your grandmother, retched. There's little in life that prepares us for these events other than to go through them.
Thank you, someonesdad.

As for some lifting news from grand-maw, She has been moved from MICU (I dont know what the 'M' stands for).

They are actually moving her from GBMC today, and to Good Samaritan for therapy.

She says if they can get her more energy, she's ready to fight. Thats good.

Apparently the tumors are small, so they think radiation and medication can shrink them enough to do some good.

Thats good.

Her memory does not seem affected. She actually seems sharper than before.

Thats good, too. They were worried about confusion setting in, but she has not been alone since she arrived. And she will not be.

They think high blood pressure was the main culprit. Her average is 180/something.. But a stress test showed her heart is at 82% "strength" or something. Apparently that is considered "superior".

Im happy(ganl) about that.

SO, she was no longer connected to anything, but oxygen, as of last night.

Thats good..especially for her.

She is in good spirits. (not the drinking kind)

So, I am too, and thats fine for now.

Thank you all.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Nerdgutta, you have been quiet, glad to see your spirit a little higher,
Family nite ,but I think I'm going to hit the road,I hope I don't have
to donate at the atm,its dark now.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Another update:

My grandfather asked me to come to his house tomorrow morning to move a boxspring.. I am guessing he is setting up for her arrivial home.

Things are moving quickly.. That seems good..

But the doctor told her "Sweety, eat whatever you want"

I dont know if this is a "retraction" from her "improperly" diagnosed heart condition, or the doctor saying "You are dying, so enjoy the time you have left. The cancer will kill you well before any food/cholesterol problem will"

I dont care. As long as she can laugh, and is more comfortable than uncomfortable, that is fine with me.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I think the doctor said that, so she could get more energized.

Also think that shes recover better in her own home, with grandpa as Florence Nightingale. :)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If she is going to go through chemo, she is going to need all the weight she can put on. This is a large part of the reason for medical marijuana, it suppresses the nausea reflex and allows the patient to eat almost reasonably.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
If grandma starts getting stoned at 80..

I wonder how many patients start medical MJ that late in life?

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
If it helps, it's good. I think it would probably be fairly low doses, so she wouldn't start listening to Pink Floyd and wearing tie-dye clothes.
People have been hung up for so many years on the fact it's an illegal drug that it isn't used more.
Oddly Morphine is pretty much the same thing as heroin but there doesn't seem as much stigma with Morphine.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Your grand mother is so lucky to have such a good family,starting
with your heart felt concern.It is great that you are bringing her home.
I know some people don't have that option,but home is the place
that provide the best care and healing power.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Your grand mother is so lucky to have such a good family,starting
with your heart felt concern.It is great that you are bringing her home.
I know some people don't have that option,but home is the place
that provide the best care and healing power.
Thank you loosewire.

I just returned from my grandparents house. We took my grandmothers bed off the frame so she wouldn't need a step-stool to get in/out of bed.

So thats done.

She signed up for the fight, so she has not been transfered to Good Samaritan. She is staying at GBMC (Greater Baltimore Medical Center) for the radiation treatments, starting tomorrow.

I am glad/thankful that me and my brother live only a few minutes around the corner from their house. And, oddly enough, my car died.. I am surprised it held on this long.

Im glad it held on long enough for me to get to her house and help with her.

Once she was stable and diagnosed, the car died.

SO it did what it had to do for me.

Now, I am on the hunt for the next vehicle.

ANYWAY.. She is good. As soon as they hammer out those tumors, she will be better.. Even better than before.

I dont even like a 2 hour head ache.. I cant imagine a 6 day head ache..

Anyway. I am quite happy that she is fighting. It was up to her, and she accepted.

So the story of Tessie Mae continues to be written.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
If it helps, it's good. I think it would probably be fairly low doses, so she wouldn't start listening to Pink Floyd and wearing tie-dye clothes.
People have been hung up for so many years on the fact it's an illegal drug that it isn't used more.
Oddly Morphine is pretty much the same thing as heroin but there doesn't seem as much stigma with Morphine.

The racist tendencies toward MJ is what created the stigma.

Opium still has a stigma, because of the "Chinese Opium Dens" attracting young white women from their families.

Morphine started as a medicine, not a source of "recreation".. like MJ.

Herion started as a medicine too, but its super fast addiction quotient sent it to the underground quite quickly.

Same with cocaine. But that is the story for another thread.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Which race is associated with MJ? I don't think I've come across that up here.
Really it was two races, read this;
http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

But the final nail in its coffin was from William Randolph Hearst. He had just bought huge timber rights to corner the paper market, when someone came up with a cheap way to make paper from hemp/MJ, and loose him money. Read this
http://www.viperrecords.com/newprohibition/truestory.shtml

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
The final update. This is the only way I could show how much I appreciated what you all did for me with your words.

edit. I removed the video. I couldn't stop watching it. Thank you all again.

Rest in Peace, Tessie Mae Edghill. I love you.

Last edited: