LTSpice cannot handle it, the poor thing. I thought simulators could do everything, apparently not.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What do you mean that it can't handle it? What is it doing (or not doing) that you think is wrong?

Why do you have this floating Analog Devices part hanging around? With some arbitrary part just floating, it is going to be very hard to the simulator to converge on an operating point. Get rid of it.

It simulates just fine without that AD part.

But what's the point? What is it you are trying to measure/determine?

This circuit has even less relation to your mesh of triangles in your other thread than the circuit shown there does.

dcbingaman

Joined Jun 30, 2021
What do you mean that it can't handle it? What is it doing (or not doing) that you think is wrong?

Why do you have this floating Analog Devices part hanging around? With some arbitrary part just floating, it is going to be very hard to the simulator to converge on an operating point. Get rid of it.

It simulates just fine without that AD part.

But what's the point? What is it you are trying to measure/determine?

This circuit has even less relation to your mesh of triangles in your other thread than the circuit shown there does.
Just try to run the simulation.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I did.

I can't converge with that AD part floating out there. Why is it there?

I removed that part and the rest simulated just fine, just like I already said that it did.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The part hanging around is obvious, you cannot run LTSpice unless it has an LT Part. Thus it needs it. I would have though you would know that.
So it is just a dummy part to allow the simulation to run.
That's nonsense. Where did you get that idea? Besides, the part you have there is an Analog Devices part, not a Linear Technologies part (though AD owns LT).

dcbingaman

Joined Jun 30, 2021
I did.

I can't converge with that AD part floating out there. Why is it there?

I removed that part and the rest simulated just fine, just like I already said that it did.
It has to be there! LT Spice (Is made by linear technologies) so it does not support any circuit that does not have it. In other words an LTSpice simulation must be using at least 1 part from LTSpice.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Run the simulation! Leave the part in there, this is not rocket science!
If you leave the part in, the simulation won't converge. That's why you started this thread -- the simulation wasn't working.

The first thing I did was download your .asc file and open it.

I saw the AD part there and figured that was the problem. But I tried to run it to see what actually happened. Guess what? It didn't converge.

I then simply deleted the AD part and tried to run it again. Guess what? It ran instantly.

I then explained the problem to you -- and you rejected it without trying the solution I offered, with statement that simply isn't true.

I then explained why that statement isn't true and told you to simply try it.

All you are doing is insisting that LTSpice requires something that it doesn't, when all you have to do to PROVE that it doesn't is just do what I suggested -- delete the AD part from your schematic and try to run the simulation.

Why is that so hard to even try?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Well what happened to you? Can't figure it out?
And you still can't figure it out?
And you still can't figure it out?
And you still can't figure it out? Did you leave the forum?
Not only is this exceptionally rude, it is completely unreasonable. My life does not revolve around watching for your posts and immediately responding to them.

If this is what you expect and demand, then you can hope that someone else will cater to your whims. I am finished trying to help you.

dcbingaman

Joined Jun 30, 2021
If you leave the part in, the simulation won't converge. That's why you started this thread -- the simulation wasn't working.

The first thing I did was download your .asc file and open it.

I saw the AD part there and figured that was the problem. But I tried to run it to see what actually happened. Guess what? It didn't converge.

I then simply deleted the AD part and tried to run it again. Guess what? It ran instantly.

I then explained the problem to you -- and you rejected it without trying the solution I offered, with statement that simply isn't true.

I then explained why that statement isn't true and told you to simply try it.

All you are doing is insisting that LTSpice requires something that it doesn't, when all you have to do to PROVE that it doesn't is just do what I suggested -- delete the AD part from your schematic and try to run the simulation.

Why is that so hard to even try?
That is the point, the poor thing! LTSpice cant handle it.

dcbingaman

Joined Jun 30, 2021
Not only is this exceptionally rude, it is completely unreasonable. My life does not revolve around watching for your posts and immediately responding to them.

If this is what you expect and demand, then you can hope that someone else will cater to your whims. I am finished trying to help you.
Where are you did you leave the forum?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
In other words an LTSpice simulation must be using at least 1 part from LTSpice.
That is a very odd statement.
Any part used in LTspice must be in the LTspice library, but that's obvious.
I have run literally thousands of LTspice simulations without using a part made by Linear Technology or Analog Devices.
And that's not Rocket Science.

So stop trolling. :rolleyes:

dcbingaman

Joined Jun 30, 2021
That is a very odd statement.
Any part used in LTspice must be in the LTspice library, but that's obvious.
I have run literally thousands of LTspice simulations without using a part made by Linear Technology or Analog Devices.
And that's not Rocket Science.

So stop trolling. :rolleyes:
I agree with you completely, I have always respected your inputs. You are open minded. Thanks. :)

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
The part hanging around is obvious, you cannot run LTSpice unless it has an LT Part. Thus it needs it. I would have thought you would know that.
So it is just a dummy part to allow the simulation to run.
That is nonsense. I have been using LTSPICE for 20 years, and I rarely use one of their parts.