Politically incorrectness running rampant.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have to shake my head every day as something else gets banned or specified 'Politically Incorrect" or "Offensive"
The BBC has aired an edited version of the controversial Fawlty Towers episode 'The Germans" with racist language removed.
The episode of the 70s sitcom – co-written by and starring John Cleese – sees English hotel owner Basil Fawlty struggle in his efforts not to offend some German guests, before a bump on the head results in him performing a Nazi goose-step front of them.
The original cut of the episode also featured hotel resident The Major using racist terms to describe cricket teams from the West Indies and India – but this has been edited out.
Just about all Monty Python show episodes and movie's would be banned as well as all movies by Peter Sellers under current mores.
Another is Apu in the Simpsons cartoon that felt the axe..
The list goes on and on

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
We rolled on the floor over Monty Python in their hay days. Seems a bit schtickish looking back though. History of man seems to be one of competing narratives.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Welcome to the world where mispronouncing someone's name is "microaggression".

I am starting to encounter people who are afraid to say my name because they dont know how to say it. And it is a pretty easy one. This is simply wrong. Mispronouncing my name does not change who I am. It as not an english name and I dont expect an non-native russian speaker to be able to pronounce it correctly. Today's society is basically saying that everyone needs to constantly have their identity rraffirmed by others? That is pathetic.

Anyway, what's so funny about Biggus Dickus...

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
I have to shake my head every day as something else gets banned or specified 'Politically Incorrect" or "Offensive"
The BBC has aired an edited version of the controversial Fawlty Towers episode 'The Germans" with racist language removed.
The episode of the 70s sitcom – co-written by and starring John Cleese – sees English hotel owner Basil Fawlty struggle in his efforts not to offend some German guests, before a bump on the head results in him performing a Nazi goose-step front of them.
The original cut of the episode also featured hotel resident The Major using racist terms to describe cricket teams from the West Indies and India – but this has been edited out.
Just about all Monty Python show episodes and movie's would be banned as well as all movies by Peter Sellers under current mores.
Another is Apu in the Simpsons cartoon that felt the axe..
The list goes on and on
How can we ever hope to have an honest discussion if people don't even feel comfortable speaking their minds? This PC cancel culture is destroying the minds of young people. It isn't going to serve them well in the future either...

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
On forums I agree to a TOS in exchange for the privilege of participation, and try to keep the agreement I made. But in real life, I made no such agreement with anyone and it irks me that some people think they can enforce their own TOS on me. So I fight back passive aggressively. I make it a point to walk as close to the line of PC as I can get and sometimes step over it a little. Nothing egregious enough to give anyone but the strictest thought police probable cause to accost me over it, but just enough to make anyone around me uncomfortable if being made uncomfortable is something they consider virtuous.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
I wonder when it's going to dawn on the "Sleeping-Masses" that this is
in fact, an attempted Communist / Deep-State / One-World-Government, take-over ??????

If they would simply throw-away their Propaganda-Box-TV,
some good-ole normal reality and truth might start waking them up out of their Brain-Washing.
But some are a lost-cause, and may not survive it.
You can't save everyone, oh-well ........

The Government Brain-Washing and Censorship even extends into this very Forum.

Political-Incorrectness is definitely part of the cure.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
There have been several articles lately about comedy by comedians discussing how the current extreme level of "Political Correctness" has negatively affected their ability to work. There was the race card which seems to have somehow segued into the "Guilt Card" which when played immediately has liberals rocked back on their heels in denial and fleeing into full retreat. The really cute one is "Cultural Appropriation" which says that certain stereotypes in grooming and clothing may only be used by certain peoples. Completely ignoring that those grooming and clothing artifices were themselves appropriated from some other culture than the one now claiming exclusive ownership. My ancestors came to America several generations ago from Scotland. Yet, I do not demand to be called Scottish-American and become overtly hostile any time I see someone who is not Scottish-American wearing plaid nor do I feel it necessary to wear a kilt to declare that I must be recognized for my cultural ancestry. I find it quite laughable that some are so desperate for personal attention that they demand to be recognized for their cultural ancestry which in fact they are mostly ignorant of and cannot even speak the native language of their ancestors. I would also add write their ancestral language but some of their ancestors had no written language or history other than spoken tales of lore. Add to that the inability of many whose ancestors that were from a culture with a written language were illiterate and unable to read or write. Hence the many family names that became mangled from the original spelling due to illiteracy, both of the bearer and often the one recording the name.

visionofast

Joined Oct 17, 2018
Big faults usually have origins in earlyer small faults, I guess.
A person,govt or media who gets used to telling trivial lies or censoring small truths, it'll be subjected to get a great lie spreader of censor machine in future.
:cool: