Gopher's new politically correct avatar?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
It looks like Gopher is evolving into a more intellectual phase. Less cartoon, more technical.:cool:
Martinez is still presenting a dissatisfied child, but more philosophical now. Yes, reality keeps intruding on life.:(
The recently retired Martinez cartoon figure was nostalgic for me as it explained the cause of the 1960's. "Happiness isn't enough, I demand euphoria now!" Yep. That's the 1960's.:D

I'm happy enough that those two are keeping things interesting. I would join the trend, but if I updated my photo, it would too much resemble joeyd.:eek:

Canada's Dillon Ruff.
I sure missed the reference for that one. Did you intend to present a commercial for deodorant?

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
It looks like Gopher is evolving into a more intellectual phase. Less cartoon, more technical.:cool:
Martinez is still presenting a dissatisfied child, but more philosophical now. Yes, reality keeps intruding on life.:(
The recently retired Martinez cartoon figure was nostalgic for me as it explained the cause of the 1960's. "Happiness isn't enough, I demand euphoria now!" Yep. That's the 1960's.:D

I'm happy enough that those two are keeping things interesting. I would join the trend, but if I updated my photo, it would too much resemble joeyd.:eek:

I sure missed the reference for that one. Did you intend to present a commercial for deodorant?
Well, that stinks. :D
The young guy that shot up the Mosque.
http://nypost.com/2017/01/30/deadly-canada-mosque-shooting-condemned-as-terrorist-attack/

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I kind of like it. Looks like a circuit board behind him? Is this custom?

View attachment 119663
I was burrowing this morning and I came upon an old desktop PC. I liked the tone-on-tone colors of the PCB so I took off my miners helmet and snapped a selfy.

The Go-Go Gophers were not too politically incorrect from my point of view. They were the heroes / winners in each episode because they always outsmarting the better-equipped, bigger, stronger, more numerous coyote soldiers.

(Assuming you didn't mean the cartoon was politically incorrect about how the soldiers are represented.)

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I was burrowing this morning and I came upon an old desktop PC. I liked the tone-on-tone colors of the PCB so I took off my miners helmet and snapped a selfy.

The Go-Go Gophers were not too politically incorrect from my point of view. They were the heroes / winners in each episode because they always outsmarting the better-equipped, bigger, stronger, more numerous coyote soldiers.

(Assuming you didn't mean the cartoon was politically incorrect about how the soldiers are represented.)

I agree that the gophers were the heroes and the military was the idiots but you have to admit the "stereo type" of the Indians would never fly today.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I agree that the gophers were the heroes and the military was the idiots but you have to admit the "stereo type" of the Indians NATIVE AMERICANS would never fly today.
Agree, but hey, there are a lot of shows we watched back in the day. Even Disney made some that would make their Chairman blush - they are firmly tucked away in the Disney vault.

Last edited: