Any Public blog sites that allow "non-Politically correct" discussions & posts?

RogueRose

Joined Oct 10, 2014
I'm looking for a blogging platform like blogspot, blogger, blog, wordpress, etc that will allow me (and other contributors/commentors) to speak their minds without having to worry about how every sentence is phrased, who it may offend, or may omit, etc. I'm not looking to suppot biggots, racists, hate speech, etc but would like the flexibility to openly state questions in a clear and concise manner, report on happenings with clear and concise facts.

I have experience with Wordpress Admin but I know that this can be a security nightmare if there are people who have a grudge against the site.

Can anyone give suggestions as to a site(s) that may allow this or ways to create a personally hosted blog that is secure.

One reason I wanted one of the major blogging sites is so other people can find it as it can be difficult to spread the word on a privately hosted blog - unless anyone knows how to "spread the word".

BTW the site is going to be dedicated to politcal issues, mainly focusing on issues revolving around the election, problems of the nation/world and hopefully generate civil discussion on how to deal with issues from local to global levels.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm not sure such a place exists, because in our litigious society anybody can be sued. Just look at what Peter Thiel did to Gawker Media. The guy who founded Gawker Media is now filing for personal bankruptcy. That means you'll just have to create one. Good luck on that endeavor.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac...er-thiel-plan-to-destroy-gawker/#428259755848

What is worse, is that if you criticize certain people like Kim Jong Un or Recep Tayyip Erdogan you could be staring down the barrel of a gun with a silencer.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Have you been anywhere on the Internet? This site is about the only one I've seen that isn't full of unfettered opinions and politically incorrect ravings. There's no shortage of wide-open forums out there.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Have you been anywhere on the Internet? This site is about the only one I've seen that isn't full of unfettered opinions and politically incorrect ravings. There's no shortage of wide-open forums out there.
I guess I travel in different circles.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I think roguerose wants to be able to discuss politics and religion in a way everything else is discussed here... that is not possible.

I was once involved in a forum run by a musician. Politocs were discussed and it was fairly civil. He was a moderator. The problem was, if you expressed views that were too contrary to his opinion, your posts would be deleted. It so happens that one way or another the nature of on-line posting is basically either dictatorship or mob rule. That has been my experience

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I think roguerose wants to be able to discuss politics and religion in a way everything else is discussed here... that is not possible.

I was once involved in a forum run by a musician. Politocs were discussed and it was fairly civil. He was a moderator. The problem was, if you expressed views that were too contrary to his opinion, your posts would be deleted. It so happens that one way or another the nature of on-line posting is basically either dictatorship or mob rule. That has been my experience
That means of course that what he wants is unlikely to exist, which is why he needs to do it himself, if he wants it badly enough. Saying you want to participate in a robust and civil debate is usually a red herring. What people really crave is a public validation of their point of view. It is just human nature.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
With politics, most people already have a solid, unwavering dedication to one side or the other. A desire to debate points of view and use rhetoric to change minds is good, but with politics and religion everyone's beliefs are set in stone and debates devolve into name calling when efforts to logically sway another to change fail due to intransigence.

Good luck, and I hope you find un-decided voters that are open to logic and debate. All four of them. :)

RogueRose

Joined Oct 10, 2014
What specifically about Wordpress.com (a purchased version) prevents you from starting such a blog?

John
I've done wordpress before (couple years ago) but I found it was a constant security nightmare between spam and CONSTANT hacking and I was only doing a tech blog. In one week I had over 20,000 hack attempts on one blog. IDK if any of it was related to plugins or what not but I never felt like the site was secure even if I had all current patches and was running a very tight OS (BSD).

Basically I want conversation where people can speak their mind (with common curtosy as a requiremoent) but PC talk, pushing agendas by calling any "black gun" an assualt weapon, being able to describe what issues they are facing in their town/area, what people think are ways to fix problems, etc.

IN addition to the above, I have hundreds of pages of "articles" I've already written that are fully researched and documented (sources). So amny times very important questions are never asked or if they are, the respondent often changes the topic.

There are a lot more reasons for what I want to do, but those are just some of them.
Thanks for the input guys n gals!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I've done wordpress before (couple years ago) but I found it was a constant security nightmare between spam and CONSTANT hacking and I was only doing a tech blog. In one week I had over 20,000 hack attempts on one blog. IDK if any of it was related to plugins or what not but I never felt like the site was secure even if I had all current patches and was running a very tight OS (BSD).

Basically I want conversation where people can speak their mind (with common curtosy as a requiremoent) but PC talk, pushing agendas by calling any "black gun" an assualt weapon, being able to describe what issues they are facing in their town/area, what people think are ways to fix problems, etc.

IN addition to the above, I have hundreds of pages of "articles" I've already written that are fully researched and documented (sources). So amny times very important questions are never asked or if they are, the respondent often changes the topic.

There are a lot more reasons for what I want to do, but those are just some of them.
Thanks for the input guys n gals!
I hope you can find what you are looking for, but I'm not sanguine about the possibilities. Report back to us if you do find such a place.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Well, you might check out Quora. It's a moderated forum, so if you don't toe the line you will be edited. The upside of that is that the post quality is generally higher with much less one-line snipes, swearing and name calling and so forth. That junk gets filtered out.

It's mostly not political, but the areas are that are political are a highly liberal echo chamber. Maybe 20:1. Whenever I post an alternative view, it feels a little like spitting in the ocean.

Why do I bother with it? The non-political areas can be quite interesting at times. Lots of history and arcane knowledge presented by experts.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Well if you're looking for a general forum where if you pick a relevant topic you will get loads of interaction check these guys out and take a look at their dedicated Politics section. "No lifeguard on duty" and the mean it. http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/default.asp :cool:

For a bunch of farmers, a lot of these guys are pretty politically minded and savvy on what's what out there.

I was on a forum like that for a while. No pulling punches and a general no holds barred chat section then one day I mentioned that I thought pro sports players were way overpaid and I got booted (with extreme prejudice too being every single post I had ever made in that forum was deleted.) for being 'racist' despite the fact that rude crude racial discussions went on there all the time.

The site owner was some sort of sports nut and didn't take kindly to that comment and what followed it in the discussion at the time. That site went under a short time later for 'unknown reasons'. :p

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I'm looking for a blogging platform like blogspot, blogger, blog, wordpress, etc that will allow me (and other contributors/commentors) to speak their minds without having to worry about how every sentence is phrased
You could run for president on the GOP side in 2020.:oops: