please help urgently

Sofo Razak

Joined Jun 2, 2008
please i am doing a project work on the applications of boolean algebra and will like help as to how to construct a washing machine controller with with a counter and a decoder, Or any simple application of boolean algebra.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
A circuit which counts objects passing a point is an easy project to do. Use a sensor to detect the object (laser with LDR, infrared sensor or whatever you can find) and a counter to count the pulses send by the sensor and thus the number of objects. Then use a seven segment display driver to show the number of objects on a seven segment display.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Something I've been meaning to do for winding coils, a simple counter connected to the wire winder to count turns of wire. This would be good for custom transformers and Tesla coils.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Something I've been meaning to do for winding coils, a simple counter connected to the wire winder to count turns of wire. This would be good for custom transformers and Tesla coils.
Bill, somewhere I read about a guy who converted one of those cheap pedometers for use as a turn counter on his coil winder.

But if you wanted a somewhat faster version:
http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=649

I just used a UGN3130 Hall-effect sensor and some CMOS IC's hooked up to some 7-segment LED's.