Please help me to find this SMD transistor

madhushankarox

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Are the markings the same?
Yes. I think they both are same :rolleyes:

I was fixing a broken flex cable. It worked for a day and when I tried to re assemble the face plate, edge of the flex cable was bent and overlapping each other. Last two paths are used for illumination. Set works fine without illumination now.. :( As you can see there are bit thicker paths close to each other (bottom, last 2 paths)

Before fail that Transistor, illumination was working.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I wouldn't trust that unless you know for a fact that you have the right manufacturer. Every manufacturer has different codes. BC may be designating the base and collector, and QR is the code you want.

upload_2015-10-14_15-29-25.png

Hoping someone else can pitch in here, I'm grasping at straws.

Matt

madhushankarox

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I wouldn't trust that unless you know for a fact that you have the right manufacturer. Every manufacturer has different codes. BC may be designating the base and collector, and QR is the code you want.

View attachment 92950

Matt
Hmm.. you are right. this transistor will be a good grand since the set is an Addzest Japan

madhushankarox

Joined Mar 30, 2015

View attachment 92950

Matt
I found a transistor named BC QN and I replaced with the failed one. Everything works fine. ~3V for illumination, all works. not heating up or anything. Just normal.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I found a transistor named BC QN and I replaced with the failed one. Everything works fine. ~3V for illumination, all works. not heating up or anything. Just normal.
You're lucky. That was very daring. Just because the letters are similar does not mean the transistors are similar. If you put in the wrong transistor (even if it had similar markings to the old one) you not only could have blown it, but you could have blown the rest of the unit too.

madhushankarox

Joined Mar 30, 2015
You're lucky. That was very daring. Just because the letters are similar does not mean the transistors are similar. If you put in the wrong transistor (even if it had similar markings to the old one) you not only could have blown it, but you could have blown the rest of the unit too.
Hmm.. I think I am. However I didn't solder that transistor first. I make some connections with very thin, hairy wires first.
Was hoping them to act like fuses lol..

After 12 hours, it still works continuously :)