Please help me find this RF transformer

NRD_AU

Joined Oct 9, 2021
Hi all,

I have this RF transformer at the front end of a VHF transceiver. It looks like it splits the RX and TX signals into two ports and a bandpass filter filters out the unwanted frequency. Any idea as to what this transformer might be? I have attached some images for your reference.

Thanks!

Reversed schematic
4.jpgTop view
3.pngLeft view
1.jpgRight view
2.jpg

NRD_AU

Joined Oct 9, 2021
What do you mean "find it"? No markings is a pretty good indication that is it a custom fabrication job.
Not looking for a part number. Just want to know what type of device it is. Hoping someone else has come across a device that looks like this/has a similar setup/serves a similar purpose.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Sure. It is a fabricated core mounted to a lead frame. It is used to make your own custom transformers, inductors, and chokes.

NRD_AU

Joined Oct 9, 2021
Hi all,

Leaving this here so it might help someone.

So I think I've found what it is. It is an RF power divider. Even though this is a 50ohm system the designer seems to be using a 75ohm component like this MAPD-011035 device (I checked again and the resistor was 150 ohm instead of 124ohm).

11.JPG

For my design, I will use TCP-2-10X+ by Mini-Circuits which is a propper 50 ohm part.

Thanks!