Please help in identifying or replacement for component

Draider68

Joined Nov 24, 2021
Hello I need some help identifying this component, I have tried looking up the number SR2015ALS and come up with nothing. Any help with a replacement would be appreciated. It is on a power distribution board? from a back pack mister used to sanitize. TIA

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
1637770253607.png
I'd say it's an N channel MOSFET switching the load low side.

Knowing the gate voltage applied and supply voltage, you just need to determine current requirement and find something with appropriate Vds, Vgs, and on resistance in the same package. Or a different package if you're willing to make the necessary modifications.

Draider68

Joined Nov 24, 2021
Thanks Dennis, the supply voltage is 15v and the gate voltage is 3 to 5 volts? could you tell me if this replacement would work
NTMS4704N. I'm out of my comfort zone on this beyond just replacing parts, and finding out what parts need replaced. Thank you for your time and have a happy Holiday.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
If the 15 volts is + 15 volts then I think it is more likely to be a P channel mosfet. With your black meter lead connected to the source and the red meter lead connected to the gate measure the voltages when the power out should be off and on. For the off condition the reading should be close to zero For the on condition the reading should be positive if it is an N channel mosfet or negative for a P channel mosfet.

Les.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
could you tell me if this replacement would work
What is the voltage being switched? What is the voltage that turns on the MOSFET? What load current is being switched?

Make sure you have the polarity of the gate voltage correct. I took voltage on the gate to mean not 0V. If 0V turns on the device it would be P channel. If the input is on the source, then it's a high side switch and it would be P channel.