Please help identifying this capacitor, to buy the same or an equivalent

PUAR

Joined Jun 28, 2018
Hello mvas

See my message #10 and the URL Link.
That device is 3 capacitors inside one case ... an AC Line Filter.
Yes, I saw your post, however, the item does not ship to my location. I'm trying to work around it sending to friends on a different location. Thank you.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
I think MVAS is correct in post #10, that is a line filter capacitor, not the motor start capacitor. Somewhere else in that equipment would be the 10uF motor start cap.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Hello Max, I remember you from the previous thread I was asking for help. Thank you.
Right away i'm going to try get a picture of the terminal box, if I manage to open it.

Hello MisterBill2
1-red) Actually, the motor has been runnig for more than a year without any capacitor.
2-blue) I think I answered this question in my previous post, most likely I took too long to answer and that's why you had to ask again. My bad. If that is not the answer you were expecting, would you be so kind to explain to me what do you mean with "what sort of speed control is intended to be provided"? I know only basic stuff of electronics and nglish is not my native language so maybe there's sonmething I'm missing.
From what I see of the terminals arrangement the run capacitor is already part of the motor, but you have not shown the whole thing. A permanent split capacitor motor will not start and run without the capacitor, at least not for very long. So if the motor still runs then a capacitor is in there some place. That yellow device is a noise suppression device, and is not the run capacitor. It looks to me like the capacitor is built into the motor housing somehow.
The question about speed control was just exactly that, because there are many different types of speed control systems, some quite simple and others quite complex. In addition, we had no ideas as to how much you wanted to be able to vary the speed.And some applications require two speeds, fast and slow.
If the requirement is to reduce the air flow to some value and not to vary that flow, then a better choice may be an adjustable diameter motor pulley. It could take a few tries but if a single setting would work then that would be the way to go. But if the need is for a continuous variable speed control then that is not the answer. In that case you will need a different kind of motor and an adjustable variable speed drive package, or possibly just a different kind of motor and the drive that you just tried. The problem is that split capacitor motors are not the best kind to use with any speed control arrangement.