Please help fixing this thing! PEMF machine

petit

Joined Jan 24, 2013
That's not good. what quality is your meter again? Are you checking the resistance in the low range, or in K/Meg or Continuity?

If the coil is actually shorted both ways, that means there isn't really a coil, but you'll need a more accurate resistance reading to tell the difference if it is a low resistance coil. The diode is to stop back EMF from coil inductance, which tells me the coil isn't a single turn.

Please make the schematic a bit larger, maybe double size, and label the VReg output pins.
my meter is autorange, i can check in low range. is a cheap Mastech MS8268.
2.2 ohm now in low range 3-4 and 2.6 ohm 1-2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JQ4O2U/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AMH4W1K8OCGMX[/URL]

i attached the schematic, the output side is done. View attachment pemf3.pdf

petit

Joined Jan 24, 2013
my meter is autorange, i can check in low range. is a cheap Mastech MS8268.
2.2 ohm now in low range 3-4 and 2.6 ohm 1-2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JQ4O2U/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AMH4W1K8OCGMX[/URL]

i attached the schematic, the output side is done. View attachment 51903
looking at the diagram, those 16VDC that i get at pin1 i dont hink it's coming from the collector of the transistor T1, it's coming from the other transistor in charge of driving the speaker... so what is the purpose of T1?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The schematic appears tiny on my display, and a bit blurred when zoomed in, can you post a larger version?

What does your DMM read for resistance on the low range with the probes touching each other?

petit

Joined Jan 24, 2013
The schematic appears tiny on my display, and a bit blurred when zoomed in, can you post a larger version?
i have attached a better one, that one zooms beter

View attachment pemf2.pdf
What does your DMM read for resistance on the low range with the probes touching each other?
01-0.2 ohm

i have noticed a mistake in the schematic. T1 is a NPN transistor, and the schematic says emiter goes to anode of diode, actually emitter goes to ground and is the collector the one going to anode.
so that transitor is the one making the pulses in the transformer?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Why are there 3 different wires shorting across the trigger coil and diode?

Try pulling the transformer and measuring when it is out of the circuit, if the coil has that low of resistance, it could be throwing your other readings and voltages way off, especially if it is bad.

petit

Joined Jan 24, 2013
Why are there 3 different wires shorting across the trigger coil and diode?
i dont know which ones are you talking about sorry ;) are you talking about just under D5? that "box" is the pulse transformer

Try pulling the transformer and measuring when it is out of the circuit, if the coil has that low of resistance, it could be throwing your other readings and voltages way off, especially if it is bad.
ok, let me do that and i post back results

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The posted PDF has a square of 4 connected wires where i think the transformer was in the small version.

Can you correct that to show the coils and what they are connected to?

petit

Joined Jan 24, 2013
The posted PDF has a square of 4 connected wires where i think the transformer was in the small version.

Can you correct that to show the coils and what they are connected to?
yes, that is the pulse transformer. pins are numbered clockwise, pin1 is up- left corner. these are the readings:
1-2 2.6 ohm
3-4 2.6 ohm
also the transistor is a NPN so the arrow is pointing in the wrong direction, it should be pointing toward ground.
i deleted the diagram by accident, so it would take me a while to correct that. i just have that pdf file.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
picaxe.com has a free PDF printer, so if you draw something in schematic capture, and print, it makes a PDF.

Another option is the freeware Irfanview program, which can take screen captures of windows, desktop, areas, and allows cropping after screenshot to make an attachment.

Trying to help with an incorrect/incomplete diagram is a bit difficult. Also, put voltages or waveform at points where it was measured, label Vreg pins, etc.

petit

Joined Jan 24, 2013
picaxe.com has a free PDF printer, so if you draw something in schematic capture, and print, it makes a PDF.

Another option is the freeware Irfanview program, which can take screen captures of windows, desktop, areas, and allows cropping after screenshot to make an attachment.

Trying to help with an incorrect/incomplete diagram is a bit difficult. Also, put voltages or waveform at points where it was measured, label Vreg pins, etc.
i did some improvements to the schematics. the Vreg is labeled with voltages.
Pulse transformer has windings and voltage at pins.
transistor next to pulse transformer has voltages at base and collector.
i took those voltages at lower setting of frequency and intensity.
voltages at CD4068 AND gate:
Vdd: 15.62
pin1: 362mV pulsing 176Hz
pin2: estable 10.16V
pin3:6.67-8.59V pulsating same frecuency as beeping
pin4: 5.59-9 pulsing 7.5Hz
pin5: 12.28 estable 60hz
pin6; nc
pin7:Vss
pin8:nc
pin9:7.76 estable 30Hz
pin10: this one acts crazy between 1-5-14-and OL, 3.747hZ
pin11: 15.54V estable
pin12:15.59 estable
View attachment pemf3.pdf

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
What are the voltages at the Emitter, Base, and collector of both Q1 and the one 2N2219 below it? If 50mV is on the base, and the emitter is ground, it won't be on, thus not letting the pulse transformer get current.

Does the speaker make any sound? Did the speaker make any sound when it "worked"?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
In your drawing, you have the emitter of the 2N2219 on Ground.

Emitter is next to the tab on metal case, Collector is across from emitter, base is in between those two on the side away from the tab.

Either way, the base isn't getting voltage to turn on, although your schematic shows it connected to Vin through a few diodes and resistors, but no voltage dividers.

petit

Joined Jan 24, 2013
In your drawing, you have the emitter of the 2N2219 on Ground.
yeah, i'm sorry, it would be:
2N2219:
collector 16V
base 50mV
emitter: ground

Either way, the base isn't getting voltage to turn on, although your schematic shows it connected to Vin through a few diodes and resistors, but no voltage dividers.
base is not connected to those diodes and resistors, it goes directly to the output of CD4068, zoom it and you can see there is no "dot" at the base of transistor

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Is D8 a zener? That is the line I see the base connected to, it is also connected to the output of the NAND, but what is the voltage on the transistor side of D8 (left hand side, line going to base of transitor and output of NAND)

petit

Joined Jan 24, 2013
Is D8 a zener? That is the line I see the base connected to, it is also connected to the output of the NAND, but what is the voltage on the transistor side of D8 (left hand side, line going to base of transitor and output of NAND)
i tought you were talking about the diode just next to it (D4).
i'm checking the diagram, and i put that zener backward. ;(

i made the correction hereView attachment pemf4.pdf and also put the voltages in that area