Please checkout my Personal Project FM radio transmitter video tutorial

lukekers

Joined Oct 17, 2015
Hello,

My name is Lukas and I am a 10th grade student at The KAUST School. Last year I was assigned with a year long personal project. I created a video tutorial which demonstrates how to build your own radio transmitter that could be used to stream music from your favorite audio device to any radio receiver such as a portable radio or even a car radio. Please take a look and give it a try! Feel free to share this video with friends and people who might be interested in such a project.

How to build a FM radio transmitter

lukekers

Joined Oct 17, 2015
You may be able to use a VCXO as a FM transmitter by putting the audio on the Vctrl pin.
Thats something im looking forward to experimenting with on my own! One of my goals for this school project was to make it as simple as I can so it attracts a larger audience.

lukekers

Joined Oct 17, 2015
What's the cost of the project, you can buy one ready made on the Internet...

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Channel-W...-for-iPod-MP3-MP4-LN-/161914703925?nav=SEARCH
Personally it cost me nothing because I had all the parts and tools needed but they can be salvaged and or purchased for very low prices. And interestingly, my build seems to be more functional than the one you showed, you can pick any frequency unlike the ready made product you are showing which only has 4 channels. But one of the main points of this project is the fact that you can build one yourself from scratch and actually works remarkably well. In some cases DIY project can help increase a persons understanding of the topic and is generally a hobby and or great for educational purposes.

Brevor

Joined Apr 9, 2011
Good Job, Lukas,
But be prepared for a bunch of EE students from India asking for the schematic, bill of materials and an explanation of how the circuit works.

lukekers

Joined Oct 17, 2015
Good Job, Lukas,
But be prepared for a bunch of EE students from India asking for the schematic, bill of materials and an explanation of how the circuit works.
Thank you! I have been working on this project for a very long time and I pretty much know everything about it. I have managed to explain the purpose of every part of the circuit for some curious people.