Playing music using phone on PC speakers via bluetooth?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I am looking to use my phone to play music on my home entertainment PC system via bluetooth..

I am pretty sure this is what I need.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Wire...=item46804f9edf:g:xNsAAOSw5HBbRGcn:rk:10:pf:0

Can anyone confirm?
I think that will work - just like a bluetooth speaker - however it makes the conversion to analog before the signal hits your system. It would probably be better to maintain digital as long as possible and let your system do the decoding instead of this device. But on the other hand it probably wouldn't make a huge difference to most listeners.

Isn't there software for streaming directly over wifi? XLNA maybe?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I think that will work - just like a bluetooth speaker - however it makes the conversion to analog before the signal hits your system. It would probably be better to maintain digital as long as possible and let your system do the decoding instead of this device. But on the other hand it probably wouldn't make a huge difference to most listeners.

Isn't there software for streaming directly over wifi? XLNA maybe?
I did research on the wifi solution. All I could find was for the PC to play music that is on your phone. No sense in that since I can just copy the music to my PC. I like the google assistant and the reason I wanted the phone to play the music.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I didn’t look critically at the devices being considered but one thing I’d look for is bluetooth 4.0. The improvement in range, ease of pairing, and connection reliability is notable.