Pinout needed for C002 sound chip

Midsomerdave

Joined May 23, 2014
Hello all, I bought these 'sound chips' over 2 years ago and never had any documentation. Does anybody know how they wire up/work/or what they do? 2 hours in Google has just confused me more! Picture attached.

1-1076.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
C002 is only a number for the PCB probably in house construction.
What you got there is a glob top (COB) chip on board Glop-top is a variant of conformal coating used in chip-on-board assembly (COB). It consists of a drop of specially formulated epoxy or resin deposited over a semiconductor chip and its wire bonds, to provide mechanical support and exclude contaminants such as fingerprint residues which could disrupt circuit operation. It is most commonly used in electronic toys and low-end devices. I see power connections the two opposite the other four pins or solder pads apply 3 volts you got a 50/50 shot as far as positive and negative and the others are outputs attach the positive side of a small speaker the to any of the four solder pads and hook up common .if you have enough of them you can experiment with them. Ohm it out see if any of these pads are shorted that will be your common. I noticed through hole connections on all pads except for two.a mystery? Looks like fun.

Last edited:

Midsomerdave

Joined May 23, 2014
Thanks for answering guys & thanks for the info Delta. Yes D, as Bertus clocked, it's a copied from the net photo. Here's 3 more of my own. I believe (as you look at my pics) the right hand pin in the strip of 4 is ground and the left pin is VCC but apart from that I'm unclear. As you say, experiment is an option....I have 10. Bertus, there was a 'sort of' wiring diagram on the link I went to but it didn't give any component values. Thanks again chaps. Dave.

Attachments

Midsomerdave

Joined May 23, 2014
Ah....my head's in a spin now Eric! Definitely looks the same doesn't it. I'll have to spend more time on this I think. Thanks for the answer. Dave.

Just for a further bit of info, this was the ebay listing heading: '10pcs Burglar Alarm Chip IC Voice Sound Module C002 Circuit 110 Alarm Sound JS'.