Piezo Transducer Driver Circuit

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi Eric,
Why don't we use sine wave as simulated echo signal, rather than using a pulse signal, because the nature of the echo that I am seeing is very close to sine wave signal rather than a pulse signal..?
Its only a LTS simulation, the signal you get from the real circuit will be different.
Post a signal image from the scope screen.

h.yakub

Joined Mar 11, 2019
Its only a LTS simulation, the signal you get from the real circuit will be different.
Post a signal image from the scope screen.
But still, there is no need to take a pulse signal in LTS simulation as well, because the results vary far away from actual one, so it will become hard for me to debug it..
I have attached the scope image for the echo capture.

Attachments

h.yakub

Joined Mar 11, 2019
Hi Eric Gibbs,

Anything new on piezo transducer today?
Have you taken a look at the Image of scope, I shared yesterday....

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Yes I have see that image, is that the actual image generated by the actual hardware connected to the base of the container.?
If yes, is the Echo from the air/water interface.?
E

h.yakub

Joined Mar 11, 2019
hi,
Yes I have see that image, is that the actual image generated by the actual hardware connected to the base of the container.?
If yes, is the Echo from the air/water interface.?
E
Yes, this is the echo from the actual hardware and the echo is from water interface.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
So, do you need any more input help from me, if the project is working.?:)
E

EDIT:
If I am reading your scope image correctly.?
The echo is approx 260uSec after the start of the TX pulse.
So that would be 130uSec *1500m/Sec = ~0.2mtr water height.?

Attachments

Last edited:

h.yakub

Joined Mar 11, 2019
hi,
So, do you need any more input help from me, if the project is working.?:)
E

EDIT:
If I am reading your scope image correctly.?
The echo is approx 260uSec after the start of the TX pulse.
So that would be 130uSec *1500m/Sec = ~0.2mtr water height.?
This echo is from the plastic bottle, i haven't got any echo from metal container yet. and yes you are reading the echo correctly. This image was to just show you the nature of echo signal which is sine and not a square pulse...

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
The actual Echo will appear as a sine wave pulse, its individual sine pulse amplitudes will rise to a peak value then decay down to zero.
For a simulation Echo it does not matter whether its a sine or square.
Have you been able to build/wind/test the drive transformer and test the transmitter.?
E

h.yakub

Joined Mar 11, 2019
hi,
The actual Echo will appear as a sine wave pulse, its individual sine pulse amplitudes will rise to a peak value then decay down to zero.
For a simulation Echo it does not matter whether its a sine or square.
Have you been able to build/wind/test the drive transformer and test the transmitter.?
E
No, I have not been able to build/wind/test drive transformer, due to lack of materials at my disposal...are you certain that the nature of the echo pulse will not have any impact on the receiver circuit...

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
How can a simulated echo pulse in a simulated circuit have any effect upon the operation of an actual circuit.???
Build the circuit and test it.

h.yakub

Joined Mar 11, 2019
Hi Eric Gibbs,
Can you please help me figure out the parameters for Transformer winding...? I am not quite sure how to find out number of turns for primary and secondary side, what guage of wire to use and which core will be suitable...? Please help me out in this..
Thanks. :)

h.yakub

Joined Mar 11, 2019
Hi Eric,
Thanks for the links.
I also needed your help with the following circuit, can you make changes in the following circuit (only in Inductor value & not in anything else) to get maximum voltage at the piezo..? I am attaching the .asc file...please review..

Attachments

h.yakub

Joined Mar 11, 2019
Hi EricGibbs,

Did you analyze the .asc file for changes in transformer....please have a look and let me know your views..
Thanks

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi h.y,
Why have you have reduced the supply voltage from 12v to 5v.?
Have you tried reducing the On period of the 1MHz drive.?
E