pickit3 issue!!

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Lots of good suggestions here but maybe its time to escalate.

You can open a web support ticket at Microchip Support - select My Tickets from the main page.

You'll need to open an account if you don't already have one and use Internet Explorer (site uses activeX).

Usually, you'll get a reply within a business day. Make sure you fully describe your problem and what you have tried to speed things up. Once you have a ticket opened, you can call the Europe Support Center on the Contacts tab with the ticket number if you need more help.

Finally, don't forget to check the release notes for your version of MPLAB (sometimes the website has updated ones) to see what issues there might be with PK3 and your computer.

Good luck!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Some questions. Then you work in MPLAB do you create a project. If not do it ;) by using the wizard under the project. ALWAYS build a project then using MPLAB. To me it looks like your PICKIT have the firmware for the 16F series. But if you are using the a 18F series. You may see this error.
In the MPLAB menu. Go to configure->Select Device. And check that the setting match your PIC. If this do not help. Try Programmer-> settings->configuration. Then click Manual Download

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Some questions. Then you work in MPLAB do you create a project. If not do it ;) by using the wizard under the project. ALWAYS build a project then using MPLAB. To me it looks like your PICKIT have the firmware for the 16F series. But if you are using the a 18F series. You may see this error.
In the MPLAB menu. Go to configure->Select Device. And check that the setting match your PIC. If this do not help. Try Programmer-> settings->configuration. Then click Manual Download
I tried this * line in bold* and it worked beautifully!!:D

One programmer back to life!!! it programs, erases It does everything!!!

Ima try with the other one and let you guyz know!!!

Thanks a millions Sir!! and thanks errbody else that tried helping

AAC got the best team!!! :)

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
The other one working too!!:D

Thanks again...so what was it? I don't really understand this *firmware* thang bah bah bah?

You are not going to beleive me but I threw this one against the wall real Hard but still working...

I was browsing around and found out that moaney people have this problem...even in microchip forum...this is *unsolved*...lol

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
You are not going to beleive me but I threw this one against the wall real Hard but still working...l
You must be throwing like 5 year old girl:p

The other one working too!!:D

Thanks again...so what was it? I don't really understand this *firmware* thang bah bah bah?
The PICKITs firmware must be changed then say you swap from working with a 16F. To a 18F series. Normally MPLAB take care of this in the background. I do not know why you had this problem

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
pickit3 is not just dumb interface, it knows how to program variety of chips and it can be set to to just that without use of computer. this "knowledge" is part of firmware (program) used by chip that is inside pickit3.
now new microcontrollers are released all the time or the old ones get improved. the only way for pickit3 to deal with those changes is by updating it's firmware.