pickit3 issue!!

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Hi All

I have always worked with Pickit3 successfully but now It giving me issues!!!:mad:

I have attached the error message...

can somebody help me out?

thanks!

Attachments

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I guess you didn't just took a screenshot, and sat back with your hands in your lap and waited.

What have you tried. You obviously tried to "reconnect" the PicKit3...:)

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
I guess you didn't just took a screenshot, and sat back with your hands in your lap and waited.

What have you tried. You obviously tried to "reconnect" the PicKit3...:)

yep I did that...I reconnected but still not working

Keep on getting the same bloody message!

Is the programmer still ok or what?

anybody help!

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
power led is green
active led is blue
status led is green

no hardware/software installed lately

antivirus working normally

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
but I attached the message !!!
you should be able to read everything ...

do you have your glass on??:D

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Here is the description of the error from the manual:

PK3Err0045: You must connect to a target device to use PICkit 3.
No power has been found.
1. Ensure VDD and GND are connected between the debugger and target.
2. Ensure that the target is powered.
3. Ensure that the target power is sufficient to be detected by the debugger (see
Chapter 10. “Hardware Specification”.)

Bertus

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Thanks Sir!

But I checked the above UNsuccessfully!!!

I even checked power required with a multimeter and it all fine -but still getting this message!!

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
do you have your glass on??:D
No, I got my contact lenses.:) Been driving for 8 hours straight today.

For now, I'm out of suggestions, but I think it's a software failure somewhere. If you have another PC, have you tried to connect the PicKit3 to that? Or to re-install MPLAB?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Pin outs wrong
Didn't power target
PC needs a reboot
etc.....
Also don't use MPLABX use old MPLAB. MPLABX rocks but code just doesn't transfer right and you get random errors compared to MPLAB.

jwilk13

Joined Jun 15, 2011
Also don't use MPLABX use old MPLAB. MPLABX rocks but code just doesn't transfer right and you get random errors compared to MPLAB.
His screenshot shows he's using MPLAB 8. I'm with panic_mode on this one, it sounds like a power issue.

In MPLAB 8 (if you're not using the debugger), go to Programmer > Settings > Power and click the check box with the appropriate voltage level set. This also works if you're using the debugger, but it's under the Debugger heading. Also check to make sure the device's PGC and PGD pins are properly connected (I'm not sure which device you're using, but those are typically RB6 and RB7 on devices I'm familiar with).

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Thanks all for your comments! Really appreciated it...

I was tired trying so I borrowed a friend pickit3 and power supply and it worked!

I also think it a power supply probem...(mine)

I was writing a code to count from 0 - 9999 on pic16f series and it worked so beautifully at first try!
I will put the code and everything some other time for those that are interrested.

My code is kinda sophisticated tho and will make some member here smile...(I know why I'm saying this)

Thanks!

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Thanks all for your comments! Really appreciated it...

I was tired trying so I borrowed a friend pickit3 and power supply and it worked!

I also think it a power supply probem...(mine)

I was writing a code to count from 0 - 9999 on pic16f series and it worked so beautifully at first try!
I will put the code and everything some other time for those that are interrested.

My code is kinda sophisticated tho and will make some member here smile...(I know why I'm saying this)

Thanks!
Hey at least we were partially right. :)

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
I have *two* pickit3 with me and they both not working...I am suspecting that it has to do with MPLAB and windows 7...Can't even test sample code...:mad:

my MPLAB version is V8.36

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Try the newest version of MPLAB. That should work well on windows 7. And remember to install the PICKIT 3 driver. If you power your PIC from the PICKIT. You must turn the this option in the MPLAB menu

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Try the newest version of MPLAB. That should work well on windows 7. And remember to install the PICKIT 3 driver. If you power your PIC from the PICKIT. You must turn the this option in the MPLAB menu

thanks 4 the comment!

Are talking about Mplab X? (I heard it also giving people issues but I'll give it a try if that only option), no better 8 version?

do you mean pickit3 driver should be installed separately?

my windows is windows 7 Starter 32 bit...

both pickit3 are giving that *ugly* message as shown in post #1

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I think you may have two related errors.

One of your errors is a 'missing device database', the file that tells MPLAB all about how to connect/debug/program various PICs and means that MPLAB won't be able to configure the PICkit3 for the target processor. That might trigger the second, numbered error.

I didn't see any specific 'update the database' function for the PK3 that would repair the file so you might try reinstalling the same version of MPLAB, either complete or repair or see if uCHIP's website has an update function for the PK3 (I didn't see one but didn't look real hard..)

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
What a day!:(:mad:

I have spent my whole day trying to fix this problem and still can't fix it.
I re-installed MPlab but still not working...I even installed on another machine (windows 7) same sh*t!

The two pickit3 looking at me like "what's wrong dady!?" and I'm looking at them like "I don't F know!:mad::mad:"....

I couldn't even code today...tired already!

What's wrong with Microchip engineers!!!?:confused:

Anyways...life goes on!:)