Pickit3 can't detect PIC24FJ128GA310, Error "ensure proper capacitance on vddcore vcap pin"

yassyou

Joined Feb 11, 2016
Pleas I need help about connection between Pickit3 and PIC24FJ128GA310. So I can programme it .
I'v followed the circuit in the picture attached . but I keep get the Error : "ensure proper capacitance on vddcore vcap pin" in the Pickit interface.

Thankyou for your help

Attachments

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
ALL the Vdd pins need to be connected together and all need those caps.

ALL the Vss pins also need be connected together.

yassyou

Joined Feb 11, 2016
First thankyou,
Acually all the Vdds and The Vss are connected internally ,
and I did conected theme All to the caps , I've mention it int circuit picture attached

but I keep get the same error

NorthGuy

Joined Jun 28, 2014
Is it stand-alone PICKit programmer? I though Microchip stopped supporting it since long time ago. It says "insupported part". You need to select the exact device. There are lots of different PIC24 parts which are not compatible with each other.

PICkit3 cannot tell if VCap is connected or not. It can only know that the communication has failed, which is usually a bad connection. However. using the software with unsupported PIC device will produce the same effect.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Pleas I need help about connection between Pickit3 and PIC24FJ128GA310. So I can programme it .
I'v followed the circuit in the picture attached . but I keep get the Error : "ensure proper capacitance on vddcore vcap pin" in the Pickit interface.

Thankyou for your help
Pin 85 needs 10uf + 100nf parallel this allows the cpu to run.
next thing is to check power sours pickit 3 or your pwr supply or both.
Picbuster